“Comfortable and relaxing for a business trip” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westin Cincinnati

The Westin Cincinnati
Ranked #14 of 47 Hotels in Cincinnati
Bengaluru, India
“Comfortable and relaxing for a business trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

Always stay at The Westin on my trips to Cincinnati. For me it is convenient as it is walking distance from office as well as anywhere in the downtown. I always prefer side facing the square which is an happening place in evenings and give feeling of some company as I am travelling alone on my business trips. Hotel and room are fantastic - quite spacious and comfortable. Service and attitude of the staff is quite helpful and prompt.

Room Tip: Rooms facing square sometimes can be noisy if some events are going on. I like that way but if you a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Korean first
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stay here almost every time I come to town and really enjoy the rooms, the view on fountain square, the central location ideal for dining, running along the river, and walking to the office. This time, they even offered the use of sports equipment (I clouding shoes) - they really think how to make the stay comfortable.
The only negative is the breakfast place, Ingredients: it looks like a mini mart, but smells like burnt toast. Try Starbucks or Bruggers just around the corner instead.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Cincinnati Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

I've stayed in this Westin in the past and it is very nice. Bare-bones service, but nice. The rooms are big, the beds are comfortable AND the view (if requested) is great.

Because of the aforementioned remarks, I booked a wedding block here for my upcoming wedding. The wedding hasn't occurred yet, and I concerned I may have guests in tents in my yard instead of in the rooms they have booked and paid for.

When we booked the block, we were offered a special web page with a booking link that would allow our guests to book directly online. It never worked. When we heard about this (3 days after the invites were being received) we sent out a note to our invitees that they needed to call in directly and request the block, and called to confirm that there were rooms available. At that time there were available rooms. Then a guest called and were told that there were no longer any rooms available by a reservation "specialist". We called and were told that there were still rooms available and that "someone" was mistaken. The guests that were turned away booked on expedia elsewhere and have non-refundable rooms, so they are stuck in another hotel. My father called to CANCEL his rooms, because he decided to stay closer to me, and asked if the rooms would be made available (at this point the block was full) and was told that they couldn't be guaranteed that they would go to our guests, even though the deadline was 2 days away. The reservationist told him to keep the rooms and have someone else in the party take them and pay him back -too awkward...

So as we near our deadline we hope that everyone will 1. be able to reserve the rooms that are available. 2. will receive the rooms that they have paid for. 3. have a good stay. We sent out an apology to everyone that booked, because apparently EVERYONE had some sort of a hassle/run-around.

I realize that this is a busy, downtown hotel, but they could have denied us a block instead of accepting it and MISHANDLING THE CRAP OUT OF IT! I intended to copy the manager, regional manager and the sales rep that set up the block in the apology email to our guests, but I think that may be like tossing a lit match in a bucket of gasoline. With 75% of our guests coming from out of town, I'd hate it if all our reservations suddenly went up in flames.

I was advised to go elsewhere by friends, but we wanted our guests downtown. Hopefully when our wedding rolls around - they will be. BUT until then - it's a waiting game.

I will update with further disasters, if applicable.

Room Tip: Ask for a fountain square view room, it's worth the extra $$$
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Annette K, Director of Sales at The Westin Cincinnati, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear Ms. Cat T:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your wedding block. We are truly concerned about your comments and would welcome the opportunity to speak to you; and resolve any issues to your satisfaction.

With our having hosted many successful weddings at The Westin, our goal is to exceed your expectation.

Annette Kaplan
Director of Sales and Marketing
(513) 852-2720
annette.kaplan@westin.com
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Great hotel overall. Friendly and helpful staff members. Large rooms and nice size desk for work/dining. They have an empty mini fridge in the room to keep stuff so you don't have to eat out all the time without having tempting high cost snacks tempting you! Great food choices for room service, breakfast and lunch and lots of other restaurants within walking distance. Nice workout area and if you forget clothes and shoes, you can even call service express for them to bring you New Balance shoes and workout clothes for only $5 to use during your stay. No excuses to keep you from working out!

Room Tip: Rooms have great views of downtown area. The higher the floor is usually a better view. You can as...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Melissa L
Baltic, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Very nice place,I normally don`t stay in a place like this because of the price,and yes it is expensive but it was worth every penny...It is in the center of a lot of things to do,right across the street is Fountain Square, which we could see from our room.You can walk to the river or the ball park.....The rooms are huge and decked out nice,very nice pool and huge workout room....Staff was very helpful in answering questions I had... If you want downtown experience of the big city then I would stay here......

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank yoder9985
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Wasnt a bad hotel - it was super clean and the bed was Westin comfortable, but the styling and layout felt more "Sheraton"-y. My first room reaked of smoke, and they were happy to move me immediately, but that was disappointing. I traveled for business - so it was what I was looking for clean, comfy and quiet. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this Westin multiple times. It is the most central location to businesses, shopping, sporting events and downtown festivals. The rooms are much larger than the Hilton and the guests are higher quality than the Hyatt and Millennium (NFL teams stay here).
With the hotel lobby on the second floor, however, this property lacks a defined entrance and has no sense of common space. Their "restaurant" is counter service that caters to local business workers and their bar was not open on a holiday weekend evening. The shops on the first floor are mostly closed. This all means that you have to leave this property to do anything.

• Stayed September 2012