“Best Zoo I have ever been to!”

Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden
Ranked #2 of 175 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This second oldest zoo in the U.S., considered one of the best in the country, is most renowned for its endangered species and birthing programs, particularly for gorillas and white tigers, and has a wonderful collection of felines and a delightful manatees exhibit.
Binghamton, New York
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Best Zoo I have ever been to!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

Saw so many new animals I had never seen before, the food at the restaurant was delicious, the staff was very friendly, and everything was beautiful!

My only complaints, and they are VERY minor, are that its not very handicapped friendly and the parking was a little far, we were lucky we even got a parking spot! other than that my experience was wonderful! If I ever go back to Cincinnati I will definitely return!

GET THERE EARLY SO YOU GET A PARKING SPACE!!!!

1 Thank Andrea O

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
Greeley, Colorado
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Nice Zoo but kind of confusing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

The zoo was really nice and clean. I liked how close up you could get to so many of the animals. My only issue with this place was that it was confusing while walking around. Some pathways would take you nowhere and you wouldn't even know it while you would skip some pathways that looked like they didn't lead anywhere and they actually led to some exhibits.Some pathways led to exhibits but they you had to turn around to get back out instead of it leading to another exhibit. The map was kind of confusing so we started looking for signs instead but there weren't very many of them. I'm still very happy with my visit! I just wish that it were laid out a little better.

1 Thank DenyciaDawn
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Every day is a Zoo day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

we are season pass holders and we visit the Zoo all year long. Love the spring and Zoo babies. It is a welcomed change from the pool in the umber. Fall is great and love the Halloween decorations. Festival of light is always among our Christmas time family outings.

1 Thank Cwall75
Indianapolis, Indiana
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Family fun for all!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

We were first time visitors to the Cincinnati Zoo, but we will definitely be back. The price of admission for an adult (general admission) is $15 and for kids under twelve it is $11. This price is less than our zoo in Indy and for the price, it is much more bang for your buck. The Indy Zoo is nice, but not nearly as big.

We got to the park when it opened at 10:00 am and went in a clockwise direction around the park to ensure that we saw everything. If you are unfamiliar with the park (as we were), that's the easiest and least confusing way of getting around. The animals were amazing. They have animals at this zoo I'd never even heard of, let alone see. The exhibits were well done and the employees were genuinely friendly, the park clean.

We found a parking spot right away in a lot across the street, but as stated earlier, we got there when it opened. Lunch consisted of a small hot dog but they allow backpacks, so we brought our own beverages and snacks. Prices for food and drinks are typical of amusement parks and zoo pricing.

We were able to see everything and ride the carousel ($2 p/ticket), but we chose to skip the train which had a long wait. Train tix were $3 per ride for a 7 minute trip, which I felt is pretty reasonable. It took us 7 hours to see all the exhibits. Gorillas, three different kids of bears, rhinos, African dogs, cheetahs, lions, white tigers, all kinds of big cats, birds and even Andean Condors. My kids loved this zoo and we had such a fun, memorable day. I highly recommend it.

2 Thank Boilergirl97
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not worth even $1”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

Yes, we made a mistake going on $1 day so it was crowed, but the crowds wasn't the bad part. The zoo was boring. Most of the animals weren't on display and the ones that were were so far away you could barely see them. Very difficult to navigate and everything was so expensive. Parking filled up fast so we had to end up parking about 8 blocks away in a very sketchy part of town. I wouldn't go back if you paid me.

1 Thank Tina P