“Outstanding facilities and gardens”

Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden
Ranked #2 of 182 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This second oldest zoo in the U.S., considered one of the best in the country, is most renowned for its endangered species and birthing programs, particularly for gorillas and white tigers, and has a wonderful collection of felines and a delightful manatees exhibit.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Outstanding facilities and gardens”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

A spectacular zoo, the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden is truly one of the nation's top zoos. The exhibits are spectacular and the staff are some of the friendliest you will ever meet.

1 Thank MeghA781

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
Greenwood, Indiana
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Just as Great as I rememebered!!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I went here when I was a young boy with my parents and for this trip I brought along my four year old. This is the biggest zoo I've ever been to, and it was every bit as great as it was when I was a kid. Lots of activities. Lots of animals that you don't normally see at the zoo-komodo dragons, insects, and a king cobra. Just awesome. We both had a great time. Will definitely go again.

Quarryville, Pennsylvania
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Zoo!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We loved our trip to the Cincinnati Zoo! It is a huge place, so even with a lot of people it did not feel crowded and we were able to get close to see animals and take great pictures. There is a lot of shade for hot days and plenty of cafes for refreshment. The price of ice cream was reasonable. The animals are in very natural settings - not the typical cages I remember as a child! There were also beautiful plantings throughout the whole zoo. Everyone was very friendly and ready to help us find our way. We found the bird show by accident as we were leaving and stayed to watch, which was definitely worth it. If you're ever in the area it's definitely worth a stop and plan a whole day to see everything!

Waynesville, Ohio
“GREAT ZOO!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I've been to several zoos in and out of Ohio..and this is a good one to visit! The animals were out and and active you could hear the lions roaring all across the park. If you visit on a cool, comfortable day, the animals are out and about. On hot days, they tend to be lathargic as are humans.

Charleston, West Virginia
“Disappointed”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I feel like we really wasted our money with all of the construction and the amount of exhibits that were shut down. The cheetah exhibit was shut down because of a new tiger or lion that was brought into the zoo and they didn't want people walking by him because it would upset him/her. Really? Do something else with him/her and don't shut down an exhibit entirely. I've been to this zoo a couple of times in the past and it has been really nice. This time was just a huge disappointment. The monkey exhibit had no monkeys in it, and there were several animals that were just missing. This was a waste of money for us, and I'm not sure that we will ever go back. I read a previous review about the map. I agree, it was very confusing and hard to find your way around. This zoo was a huge mess!