“Sad to say but it wasn't anything I had hoped it would be.”

Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden
Book In Advance
Buy Tickets Online
More Info
$16.00*
and up
Admission to Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden...
Buy Tickets Online
More Info
$25.00*
and up
Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden and PNC...
Ranked #2 of 189 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This second oldest zoo in the U.S., considered one of the best in the country, is most renowned for its endangered species and birthing programs, particularly for gorillas and white tigers, and has a wonderful collection of felines and a delightful manatees exhibit.
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My family went to the zoo on June 18th. The kids loved what they did see but we didn't get to see half of it because we couldn't find it! Zoo map is worthless!! Wasted so much time walking only to go by zoo offices and construction and saw very few animals. We loved the 4D movie the most out of everything but being dumped into the overpriced gift shop is ridiculous. I hate places that do that. Food is very expensive, $50 for lunch. Got a Icee for our 2 yr old thinking she could drink it with a straw and weren't told until after we ordered that straws weren't available only spoons! For an ICEE!! Would have just gotten her an ice cream. Rode the train and had a nice view of ventilation systems and the only animals we saw on it were ducks. Went by the wolf enclosures (only 2 wolves both sleeping) and we were reading the educational cards when a swarm of wasps came out and stung my husband twice. We made sure to tell someone and were given sting relief but not much more than that. Overall not impressed.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,042)

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We visit a lot of zoos and the Cincinnati zoo is at the top of our list! It had so many animals and creatures to see. The habitats they built for the animals were excellent!!!! They really care for all the animals. A Wonderful Place!!!

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Now don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed my time at the zoo. I drove 3.5 hours to get to Cincinnati, and the zoo was the first place I visited. The weather was perfect, and it wasn't very busy for a late Thursday afternoon.

My biggest issue was the fact that I stayed lost the entire time. I had a map in hand, that I looked at quite often; but that didn't seem to help me very much. Everything I went to seemed to be set up backwards. There's no particular order to visit things at the zoo, but no matter which way I was going, I would backtrack if I visited an exhibit. And the signage is terrible. They do have small street signs up pointing directions of certain animals, but I found them to be of little to no use.

Once I finally left the zoo I realized I managed to miss an entire section that was off behind a food court area. I saw it on the map, but had no idea how to actually access the area.

I'll go back if I ever get the chance, it's a nice place. I'll just know to be better prepared next time.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I guess all the hype from all my friends telling me how great this zoo was, kinda left me disappointed after I visited myself! I guess it's a decent zoo and my kids enjoyed it but I felt it left a lot to be desired! The map was hard to read, the animals were sometimes in hidden locations that you could walk right by and the actual zoo itself only took us three hours to walk through! Not very impressed!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

It is a nice zoo, unfort. it started pouring when we got there. So we spent about 2/3 of the entire trip soaked and missed a lot of the animals. Would have been nice if a rain check or discount was given. The gift shop is ridiculous on prices. I refused to buy an umbrella because of the steep price. The cafe did not have much of a selection and what was offered was high in cost. For a tiny burger and very little fries, cost around 6-7 dollars. Could of gotten a better meal at a fast food joint.

2  Thank Amber H