“Best zoo.”

Buy Tickets Online
More Info
$16.00*
and up
Admission to Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden...
Buy Tickets Online
More Info
$25.00*
and up
Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden and PNC...
Ranked #2 of 189 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This second oldest zoo in the U.S., considered one of the best in the country, is most renowned for its endangered species and birthing programs, particularly for gorillas and white tigers, and has a wonderful collection of felines and a delightful manatees exhibit.
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I may be biased, since I live in Cincinnati and have been going to the zoo here my whole life, but having been to other zoos around the country, I can say with authority that the Cincinnati Zoo is really outstanding. We are so lucky to have such a great zoo here, whenever I go to another city and look for things to do, I often pass on their zoos b/c I feel like it can't be much better than I already have at home.

1  Thank mosscollection
Write a ReviewReviews (3,039)

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Great zoo! It's huge and luckily lots of the animals were out! I love that there were attendants at most stations to answer questions and give information. We saw lots of attendants around the park with animals for people to touch/meet. Children's Zoo was awesome!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

This may be one of the best hidden gems for a couple or a family outing. This zoo is beautiful with all its gardens. The selection of animals rivals any other zoo out there. The zoo has so many shows and displays to talk about, the cheetah show is awesome, the manatee display is very cool, and the zoo babies area is precious. They make a serious effort to display the status of these creatures and educate you at the same time. I cant say enough about this zoo other than it may be the Best!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We are quite a zoo family - we usually visit new-to-us zoos whenever we're on vacation. This was our first visit to the Cincinnati Zoo and we were pleasantly surprised. My 4 1/2 year old daughter squealed with delight when she fed a giraffe. We were all awed by the cheetahs' display of speed and aglity. The manatees and "night hunters" exhibit were also big hits. The zoo has lots of different animals to see. We were there most of the day, but didn't see them all. There is a lot of walking, and it's a little hilly. Still very beautiful.

Parking could be a problem, depending on when you arrive. We parked in the first open zoo lot we saw (there are multiple lots that are operated by the zoo), so parking wasn't a problem for us even though we weren't in the main lot. However, if you do arrive early enough to park in the main lot, you can find shade for your car under one of the many solar panels covering a portion of that lot.

2  Thank Kristy P
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

The animals were very well maintained with natural looking environments. Veey nice zoo overall. If you have very little kids bring a sippy cup. They dont have straws for safety of the animals and my daughter managed to spill her cup. The only downside is the walking. Everything was a little spaced out