“Out and About”

Book In Advance
More Info
$18.00*
and up
General Admission to the Cincinnati Zoo and...
Ranked #8 of 199 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This second oldest zoo in the U.S., considered one of the best in the country, is most renowned for its endangered species and birthing programs, particularly for gorillas and white tigers, and has a wonderful collection of felines and a delightful manatees exhibit.
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Powered by a solar panel array constructed over a large parking lot, this zoo features a new entrance and many upgrades that make visiting a must. We enjoyed the rain forest and the creatures of the night. An all day adventure that can be a bit pricey when adding in the cost for food, rides, and a 4-dimensional theater. But well worth the expense.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,123)
All reviews
in 37 reviews
"polar"
in 89 reviews

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I love the Cincinnati Zoo. There a LOTS of hills so if that is a problem, maybe the Columbus Zoo would be better. Otherwise, this zoo has it all.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I'd only visited the zoo in the summer, but it was great to wander around (no crowds) and have many of the animals alert. I brought my 22 year old niece who works with zoos in California and she was impressed!!!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

This place is FANTASTIC. My girlfriend and I went not expecting much due to the weather and how pricey the newport aquarium was. But this place tears that place open. It's so huge and spacey, so peaceful and you can tell the animals love it there. I will be a guaranteed guest for years to come. Parking was only 2.00! If you haven't went then go! So wonderful even in winter!

1  Thank DDay321
See more reviews
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I took my young family to this zoo on a freezing winter day... we knew it would limit what we could see but it was a good time for us to go and it was only half the normal price. We were pleasantly surprised. I think that because there was no-one there we actually got to see more. We saw the elephants up close, spent ages with big cats right up close to us, and spent a long while with the monkeys really interacting with us. We have been to zoos back home in Australia; in Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra and Adelaide, and this was as good as any, especially for the price we paid. The zoo opened one pizza cafe so we could buy lunch, and the souvenir shop was open too. As long as you really rug up, this is still a great Winter's Day out.

1  Thank Katie L