“Loving the Art Musuem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cincinnati Art Museum

Cincinnati Art Museum
953 Eden Park Dr, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Mount Adams)
513-639-2995
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 141 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the most prestigious art museums in the country, with over 100,000 works of art, this grandiose building atop an Eden Park hill, is well-known for its 19th-century European and American paintings, but also contains numerous other works including an outstanding pottery gallery.
Cincinnati, Ohio
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Loving the Art Musuem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Of course the art itself is worth a trip to the art museum. The buiding itself is also very interesting. The Cincinnati Art Museum is one of Cincinnati's gems that should be visisted by everyone who comes to Cincinnati. There are works of art that will appeal to everyone!!

1 Thank sandollar1969

Louisville, Kentucky, United States
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“we only had to pay for parking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We had never been to this area of Cincinnati. The art museum is situated high above the downtown area and the nearby neighborhood was fun to see. I loved the art museum. There was a wide variety of art to view.

Tijeras, New Mexico
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“A little disappointing.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

After reading reviews of this museum I had to say that I was a little disappointed. They have a wide ranging collection but not alot of depth, having said this I would still recommend a visit here. The best thing is that the museum is free, if you like modern art check out the nice Josef Albers prints, fabulous!

Cincinnati, Ohio
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“A Beautiful Location for Amazing Art”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

The Cincinnati Art museum is a lovely museum with some great collections. My nine year old son was particulary impressed with the antiquity collections and I was excited to point out paitings by Monet, Renior, and Picasso.

With free admission, a great scavenger hunt to engage kids and adults alike, as well as the proximity to the reflecting pool and Krohn Conservatory, the art museum is a must see for travelers and locals alike!

Greater Cincinnati, OH
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great Gem of an Art Museum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I've been here twice with plans to go back this year. Admission is free, parking is $4 (free to members). It's a beautifully-designed museum in Mt. Adams/Eden Park. It is next to the park and close to Krohn Conservatory.

Tons of art and lots of variety. Highlights for me were Egyptian/Roman/Greek art, Impressionist works, furniture exhibit, and Rookwood pottery (Cincinnati company now defunct). You can view the museum's collection online. I am 100% positive that when I return I will find new pieces to enjoy.

The courtyard is also beautiful although I haven't been able to visit it yet as it was rainy and cold on both of my previous visits.

The museum shop is like many museum shops: lots of variety but overpriced. However, if you consider that the cost of the items go towards the museum itself then perhaps you can justify that purchase. I would rather just donate a few bucks instead.

The cafe - we have only been once and I may give it a second shot. It's open, airy, and contemporary. You can sit in the courtyard during warm weather. The service was somewhat slow and not necessarily unfriendly but not friendly either. The menu wasn't very large (I think they've expanded it a little after reviewing the current one). I had salad nicoise which was just ok. The hot tea was good quality. I can't remember what the hubby had. There was not a good selection of beverages when I went and if you're a coffee drinker it's only regular or decaf. Maybe hit up Starbucks before or after. I love museums but I tend to feel tired after a visit to one and I prefer my caffeine pick-me-up to not be soda.

Bottom line: go for the great art variety and the aesthetics; not sure if I'd go for the food.