“Awesome” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Queen City Bike Tour
Ranked #5 of 161 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the most prestigious art museums in the country, with over 100,000 works of art, this grandiose building atop an Eden Park hill, is well-known for its 19th-century European and American paintings, but also contains numerous other works including an outstanding pottery gallery.
Taylor Mill, Kentucky
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Loved that we could wander with our guide and really get to enjoywhat we wanted to. There was nothing I did not like. It was all beautiful. Everytime you go you see something new.

Visited January 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Alexandria, Kentucky, United States
4 attraction reviews
“A real gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

A different experience every time you visit. Each time we visit we concentrate on just one section of the museum so that we can fully enjoy it and take it all in.

litktybg
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My favorite are the masters. The blown light fixture is beautiful. I remembermy mother would take me when I was younger when I had gotten in trouble. She would be quiet and walk me around to see the beautiful art and let me think about things. Great place!

1 Thank litktybg
Columbus, Ohio
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“First-Class Art Museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Beautiful old building, solid collection of all styles and periods of art. Coffee shop, gift shop, free admission ($4 for parking). Very impressed!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank DennisKC
Southern California
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

After having also been to the Taft and Contemporary I think this is by far the best. However I was not as impressed as I was with the Baltimore Museum of Art. The Cincinnati Art Museum is quite large and has a pretty broad selection. It had a lot of 3D art including vases. I was there when they were exhibiting Herb Ritts and Toulouse-Lautrec. There was a modest selection of Lautrec. I’m not sure why glamour shots of models are appropriate for an art museum. I think this is definitely worthwhile but it is not at top tier of the nation’s arts museums. It’s a very nice building and the area around it is beautiful for a walk. I can certainly recommend it as very nice way to spend several hours. Good parking.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank _MTJ_99

Been to Cincinnati Art Museum? Share your experiences!