“Very good” 4 of 5 stars

and up
Queen City Bike Tour
Ranked #5 of 161 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the most prestigious art museums in the country, with over 100,000 works of art, this grandiose building atop an Eden Park hill, is well-known for its 19th-century European and American paintings, but also contains numerous other works including an outstanding pottery gallery.
Southern California
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

After having also been to the Taft and Contemporary I think this is by far the best. However I was not as impressed as I was with the Baltimore Museum of Art. The Cincinnati Art Museum is quite large and has a pretty broad selection. It had a lot of 3D art including vases. I was there when they were exhibiting Herb Ritts and Toulouse-Lautrec. There was a modest selection of Lautrec. I’m not sure why glamour shots of models are appropriate for an art museum. I think this is definitely worthwhile but it is not at top tier of the nation’s arts museums. It’s a very nice building and the area around it is beautiful for a walk. I can certainly recommend it as very nice way to spend several hours. Good parking.

Visited November 2012

20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Wonderful collections”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

The art museum has such a variety of collections of different forms of art. There are temporary exhibits as well. I also enjoy the beautiful building that houses all the fantastic art. Plan enough time so you won't be disappointed.

Cincinnati, Ohio
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“not kid friendly :( even to well behaved kids”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Not very kid friendly, even to well behaved kids. Many mom's have complained, even for field trips that the staff is not friendly, and have acted irritated with kids and families. Good idea for adults though. Beautiful building.

Visited September 2012
Columbus, Ohio
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Awesome museum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I loved the variety of exhibits they have. It's pretty big as well, I only got through about 2/3rds of the first floor in like an hour and a half. The parking is $4, but he admission is free. I will definitely be going back the next time I'm in Cincinnati!

Visited November 2012
Florence, KY
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Interesting art”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I've been here quite a few times and always enjoy the specfic exhibit I'm headed to see, but I do wish there were a few more changes to the standing exhibits. I know this is an issue for lots of art museums, because they all have specific pieces they own, but it makes it less interesting to go back again and again. It is a great place for lunch! And, it's nice that the visit is free!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Jinnyus

Been to Cincinnati Art Museum? Share your experiences!