“Children's museum well done” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal

Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal
Ranked #6 of 168 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Owner description: For a four-in-one educational experience, you can't beat this complex of three museums and OMNIMAX Theater housed in a beautifully restored Art Deco train station. Cincinnati Museum Center houses the Cincinnati History Museum, the Museum of Natural History & Science, the Duke Energy Children's Museum, the Robert D. Lindner Family OMNIMAX Theatre, the Cincinnati History Library and Archives and special exhibition space.
Saint Louis, Missouri
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Children's museum well done”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

2 year old in tote, we only visited the children's museum. He had a great time! There was an area designed specifically for toddlers that was the best of this sort of area I've seen at a museum. But the fun wasn't limited to that area, he was able to enjoy most of the exhibits in the museum; all of which were very interactive.

Visited June 2014

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

We mainly visited the Children's museum and it was fantastic our kids spent around 3 hours there alone. We would definitely come back.

Visited July 2014
CincyMuseum, Digital Engagement Intern at Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Hello Fred! So glad to hear you and your children enjoyed your visit to our Duke Energy Children's Museum. Thank you for your positive comments and we hope you'll be back to visit us again in the near future!
Springfield, Ohio
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Loved the water fountain out front.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

I gave the museum and excellent because I have been there several times and never been disappointed until now. We went to see Princess Diana that is on exhibit there. It was a really interesting exhibit however we weren't allowed to take pictures and that was disappointing as I do scrap booking of our adventures. Also they charge $5.00 for each device to listen to about the exhibit. After spending the money for the ticket I didn't feel I could afford the extra money for that. The guy there advised us that it wasn't the museum it was the owner of the exhibit that set the rules but in all honesty had I known all we could do was walk through and look at it I wouldn't have went. I don't know if it was the museum with all the rules or the person who owns the exhibit. Either way they have the right to charge and I won't dispute that I just wish we had known before I paid for the tickets because we had limited funds the day we were there.

Columbus, Ohio
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“I Love Beautiful Train Terminals--This is a must-see for the un-initiated traveler”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

The preserved mosaic tile on the terminal walls and ceilings is breathtaking...the railroad history is awe inspiring. Amtrak actually transports passengers from Cincinnati to all the major cities North, South, East, and West! It's right down I-71near downtown Cincinnati and very close to the Horseshoe Casino, Cincinnati. We don't have Amtrak access thru Columbus, however, I will take my next excursion out of Cincinnati very soon. Wanna experience a train? Go to Cincinnati and take a train to visit friends and family for the holidays!

Visited August 2013
Lafayette, Indiana, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Princess Diana Exhibit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

I have always admired Princess Diana, so I was extremely excited to check out this exhibit with my sister and mother. The cost of the exhibit on a Friday afternoon, with AARP was $19 per person. The exhibit was well worth the cost especially if you are a fan of Princess Diana. We did not require advance tickets and only had to wait about 15 minutes to get into the exhibit. I did see more women than men purchasing tickets for this exhibit. The exhibit starts with Diana's family tree, her childhood activities and lifestyle and some magnificent jewelry pieces belonging to Diana and family. My most favorite part of the exhibit was viewing her wedding dress and some of her most favorite and well know evening gowns, dresses and suits. I did feel as though the clothing, including the wedding dress looked discolored and faded. This may be from being on exhibit under so many bright lights. The exhibit ends with her humanitarian efforts and her death. There are many videos throughout the exhibit and many things to read and review in showcases. Because there were so many people trying to look at the same items, I felt it was hard to spend quality time examining the items, as you really needed to keep everyone moving. You can pay extra to do the audio tour, which we chose not to do. There is a pricey gift shop of some of Diana's favorite things at the end of the tour.