“Princess Diana Exhibit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal

Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal
Ranked #6 of 163 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Owner description: For a four-in-one educational experience, you can't beat this complex of three museums and OMNIMAX Theater housed in a beautifully restored Art Deco train station. Cincinnati Museum Center houses the Cincinnati History Museum, the Museum of Natural History & Science, the Duke Energy Children's Museum, the Robert D. Lindner Family OMNIMAX Theatre, the Cincinnati History Library and Archives and special exhibition space.
Lafayette, Indiana, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Princess Diana Exhibit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I have always admired Princess Diana, so I was extremely excited to check out this exhibit with my sister and mother. The cost of the exhibit on a Friday afternoon, with AARP was $19 per person. The exhibit was well worth the cost especially if you are a fan of Princess Diana. We did not require advance tickets and only had to wait about 15 minutes to get into the exhibit. I did see more women than men purchasing tickets for this exhibit. The exhibit starts with Diana's family tree, her childhood activities and lifestyle and some magnificent jewelry pieces belonging to Diana and family. My most favorite part of the exhibit was viewing her wedding dress and some of her most favorite and well know evening gowns, dresses and suits. I did feel as though the clothing, including the wedding dress looked discolored and faded. This may be from being on exhibit under so many bright lights. The exhibit ends with her humanitarian efforts and her death. There are many videos throughout the exhibit and many things to read and review in showcases. Because there were so many people trying to look at the same items, I felt it was hard to spend quality time examining the items, as you really needed to keep everyone moving. You can pay extra to do the audio tour, which we chose not to do. There is a pricey gift shop of some of Diana's favorite things at the end of the tour.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kentucky
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Diana Exhibit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Visited the Princess Diana exhibit and really enjoyed it. Her wedding gown was beautiful and it brought back memories of watching the royal wedding when I was a teenager. Lots of personal items belonging to the Spencer family. It was well worth the 3 hour drive!

Visited July 2014
CincyMuseum, Digital Engagement Intern at Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thanks for your visit and enthusiasm about Cincinnati Museum Center! We are happy you enjoyed your time at our exhibit Diana, A Celebration, and we appreciate your kind review. We hope to see you again!
Duluth, Georgia
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“Very impressed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

We went here for the Diana exhibit. It is actually well done. My wife and daughter enjoyed it much more than myself. I was impressed with the terminal architecture and history for such. The rotunda is quite impressive. The mosaic murals are stunning. There are multiple museums in the building so there is something for many ages. We also go to go upstairs to see the old train switching tower. The history there was really enjoyable. I am a Cincinnati native but now live away, and was in town for a visit. This is a terrific venue to go see.

Visited July 2014
Hello Dennis, thank you for your kind review about Cincinnati Museum Center and for posting a review. We are so glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your experience at the "Diana, A Celebration" exhibit and Tower A. Thank you again, and we hope you'll come back soon!
Richmond, Kentucky
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Spent The Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I went with a school group, the facility was clean, plenty of restrooms and the food was actually good. Parking lot is nearby and charged a fee, a shuttle is provided. My favorite part was the section about the history of the Cincinnati area and how it changed, the volunteer I talked to in that area was a retired school teacher and he was very interesting to talk to. The mini city was being cleaned and I am glad I don't have that job! There is an exhibit about Diana which I did not go into since she sparked no interest and I did not want to pay the additional cost. My 4th grader was happy with the trip and it was educational for her as well. They do have a gift shop and ice cream parlor (good stuff) to round out the trip. I sat there and was thinking about the millions of travelers that passed through there in the day and what they would think about the present day. See the Imax, visit the attractions and enjoy an ice cream, Don't rush your visit.

Visited July 2014
Hello Jeff! We are so glad your school group chose Cincinnati Museum Center to visit! We are delighted to hear how much you and your daughter enjoyed the museum, and we hope you'll come back again to visit us in the future!
Covington, Kentucky
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“One of my favorite places”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

There are three permanent museums but I like the Cincinnati History one the best. There is always a big special exhibit to see and often have two or three smaller ones too. You can see an Omnimax film, check out the amazing mosaics, or go up to the control tower if you're into trains. The building itself is amazing and I never leave without getting ice cream. Definitely a must see of Cinci.

Visited August 2013
Thanks for your visit and enthusiasm about Cincinnati Museum Center! We love hearing how much our visitors enjoy their experience here, and we hope you'll be back to visit us again sometime soon!