“Diana Exhibit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal

Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal
Ranked #4 of 159 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Owner description: For a four-in-one educational experience, you can't beat this complex of three museums and OMNIMAX Theater housed in a beautifully restored Art Deco train station. Cincinnati Museum Center houses the Cincinnati History Museum, the Museum of Natural History & Science, the Duke Energy Children's Museum, the Robert D. Lindner Family OMNIMAX Theatre, the Cincinnati History Library and Archives and special exhibition space.
Kentucky
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Diana Exhibit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Visited the Princess Diana exhibit and really enjoyed it. Her wedding gown was beautiful and it brought back memories of watching the royal wedding when I was a teenager. Lots of personal items belonging to the Spencer family. It was well worth the 3 hour drive!

Visited July 2014
CincyMuseum, Digital Engagement Intern at Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thanks for your visit and enthusiasm about Cincinnati Museum Center! We are happy you enjoyed your time at our exhibit Diana, A Celebration, and we appreciate your kind review. We hope to see you again!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Duluth, Georgia
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Very impressed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

We went here for the Diana exhibit. It is actually well done. My wife and daughter enjoyed it much more than myself. I was impressed with the terminal architecture and history for such. The rotunda is quite impressive. The mosaic murals are stunning. There are multiple museums in the building so there is something for many ages. We also go to go upstairs to see the old train switching tower. The history there was really enjoyable. I am a Cincinnati native but now live away, and was in town for a visit. This is a terrific venue to go see.

Visited July 2014
Hello Dennis, thank you for your kind review about Cincinnati Museum Center and for posting a review. We are so glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your experience at the "Diana, A Celebration" exhibit and Tower A. Thank you again, and we hope you'll come back soon!
Richmond, Kentucky
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Spent The Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I went with a school group, the facility was clean, plenty of restrooms and the food was actually good. Parking lot is nearby and charged a fee, a shuttle is provided. My favorite part was the section about the history of the Cincinnati area and how it changed, the volunteer I talked to in that area was a retired school teacher and he was very interesting to talk to. The mini city was being cleaned and I am glad I don't have that job! There is an exhibit about Diana which I did not go into since she sparked no interest and I did not want to pay the additional cost. My 4th grader was happy with the trip and it was educational for her as well. They do have a gift shop and ice cream parlor (good stuff) to round out the trip. I sat there and was thinking about the millions of travelers that passed through there in the day and what they would think about the present day. See the Imax, visit the attractions and enjoy an ice cream, Don't rush your visit.

Visited July 2014
Hello Jeff! We are so glad your school group chose Cincinnati Museum Center to visit! We are delighted to hear how much you and your daughter enjoyed the museum, and we hope you'll come back again to visit us in the future!
Covington, Kentucky
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“One of my favorite places”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

There are three permanent museums but I like the Cincinnati History one the best. There is always a big special exhibit to see and often have two or three smaller ones too. You can see an Omnimax film, check out the amazing mosaics, or go up to the control tower if you're into trains. The building itself is amazing and I never leave without getting ice cream. Definitely a must see of Cinci.

Visited August 2013
Thanks for your visit and enthusiasm about Cincinnati Museum Center! We love hearing how much our visitors enjoy their experience here, and we hope you'll be back to visit us again sometime soon!
Virginia
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Recently had the opportunity to see the Diana exhibit at this museum center. It was wonderful and I highly recommend if you haven't seen it (it leaves soon...don't wait). Loved the art deco building! Awesome architecture.

1 Thank momof2inva
Thank you for visiting Cincinnati Museum Center and posting a review! So glad to hear you enjoyed the Diana, A Celebration exhibit we currently have on display. We appreciate your kind comments about Cincinnati Museum Center, and we hope you are back to visit us soon!