“Excellent museum and lovely Art Deco building”

Cincinnati Museum Center
Ranked #8 of 189 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Owner description: Children's Museum & Special Exhibit Hall remain open during the restoration of historic Union Terminal.
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Found out about this in a UK paper detailing old stations in USA worth a visit and as I love Art Deco I dragged my husband to cincinatti (road trip Philly to Chicago)
Definitely worth visit, we did the History museum only as had no children with us and found it v interesting. Especially loved the models of Cincinatti in 1st area. Docents were very helpful and knowledgable.
My only criticisms: would be nice if museum had come more up to present day and if you could have had some sort of handout describing the entrance hall etc. However, there are tours at weekends, we were there Monday!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

The kids had a good time and enjoyed the Imax shows. We got started a bit later in the day so really wished the museum hours were open a bit later into the evening. Overall, a good place to take your children.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Went here to get out of the cold winter air and was happy with the experience. Had a couple of rooms to explore and options for film. Cafeteria area too. I noticed some people with packed lunches inside, so that's a tip to save money. No entrance fees, however fees to enter certain exhibits.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

A friend and I went to see the exhibit of The Dead Sea Scrolls last spring. The exhibit was good. The facility was outstanding, and the staff was friendly and helpful. We weren't able to see any of the other parts of the museum, but I plan to go back and see the rest.
My only complaint is that it is not easily located with the entrance on the second floor via a parking lot at the upper level. More detailed signs would have helped.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

What a great museum! Loved the miniature train recreation of old-time Cincinnati, the walk through WWII, riverboat town. Highlight were the caves and the glacier for the adults, kids loved the Children's area. Everything was clean, docents were friendly and knowledgable. So affordable, great trip!