“Awesome fun for everyone”

Cincinnati Museum Center
Ranked #8 of 189 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Owner description: Children's Museum & Special Exhibit Hall remain open during the restoration of historic Union Terminal.
Reviewed March 2, 2013

What isn't there to do here? If you like history, trains, childrens area, natural science, etc etc..it really is just a wonderful piece of history in Cincinnati. I love the museum.

There are newer reviews for Cincinnati Museum Center

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Four attractions in one, this is a great place for the entire family to visit. My 6 year old grandson enjoys the Duke Energy kid's area where there are a number of educational happenings and a large tree house to climb. There is an ice age and a cave, time travel through Cincinnati's past and end up on a stern wheeler as it unloads at the pier. Plan to spend the day and wear comfortable shoes. A great bargain for the whole family.

1  Thank Kent S
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I visited Union Terminal when I had an hour to spare - it was worth it just to visit this beautiful building. The murals are amazing, if you are into that kind of thing (I am). Confession - I didn't actually go to any of the museums, but I imagine they are great too.

1  Thank Jamaican-Luck
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The display of the dead sea scrolls are only there till Apr. 14 so I encourage you to go.
It's better to go during the week if possible and the earlier in the day the better. That way
you can take your time reading and savoring what you see. If it's crowded you sometimes
have to look over someone's shoulder to see. Also I got the audio recording which helped
immensly. Sometimes the #'s were a little off but there are so many helpful museum guides
who love to help.
There is a railroad museum on the 3rd floor which is free ! YOu can look out the windows
and see real life trains arrive. Great view and the guys who run it are very informative and
enthusiastic! Also they have a Thomas the train display kids can handle!

2  Thank marygrace58
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Plan to spend the whole day here. This is a wonderful bargain for $16 per adult and less for children to see the three museums and watch an Omnimax film. We have an 8 year old son that had a wonderful time. The natural science museum took us over two hours to complete and we were not lingering on every exhibit. We saw bats up-close and personal, went into a man-made replica cave, saw wooly mamouth and giant land sloth bones. Also the history of Cincinnati museum had a neat train set. We did not find that museum as entertaining. The Omnimax was fantastic and we ran out of time before we were able to visit the Children's museum. We will be back! The only drawback is that some of the exhibits are easy to accidentally skip, so be sure to look around every corner!

2  Thank maggie w