“Fabulous little gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lavomatic - CLOSED

Lavomatic
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 12th Street
Description: Lavomatic is an urban restaurant and bar in the heart of the Gateway Quarter of Downtown Cincinnati. We also offer nightly dinner specials in addition to the regular menu.
Cincinnati, OH
“Fabulous little gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

We went with a friend after having heard about this restaurant from others. I was surprised to hear it had been around 6 years but knowing Jean Robert had a hand in it I was more than happy to give it a try. It did not disappoint. Menu was unique and creative. I had the Bison burger. I order that a lot when I see it on the menu and this was the very best I ever had. The salad was a delight. Every dish at our table received rave reviews, and as usual, the attention to the quality and tastiness of the sides is a Jean Robert signature. Prices seemed quite reasonable for the quality of the food. Wine selection could be better and that is our only suggestion. Ambiance in this little former laundromat is great - cute and cozy - and the waiter we had was very professional but fun and cordial. We will definitely go again.

• Visited September 2013

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Miss the old lunch menu”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I had found Lavomatic's burgers to be a hit coupled with strong service, but my most recent lunch visit was disappointing. The menu had changed. I ordered another sandwich, and found it dry and uninteresting. My guest did the same. I still rate it a three based on past experience and hope it will get better!

Visited August 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“great service. limited menu.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have been to Lavomatic several times and I never find anything quite to my liking on their menu. I had a great night with a wedding party, but you go there not expecting the food to be great. You do know the atmosphere, location, and service will be great though. Also, it is easier to get a table there instead of the other places in the area.

If you go there knowing you will have a limited choice of things you want to eat, but you will get exceptional cocktails, wine, and service plus you won't have to wait two hours plus you may go to the rooftop for dinner then you won't be disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
“Awesome Rooftop Terrace!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

In recent travels to other cities, it seems like rooftop bars are the new trend. After lamenting that Cincinnati needs some, I recently experienced one for myself. When we learned it would be a 20-30 minute wait for a table for two on a recent Friday night at Bakersfield OTR, we decided to have a drink next door, at the Rooftop Terrace above Lavomatic. What a pleasant surprise. Although it was an incredibly hot evening, the shade provided enough cover to make it comfortable as we watched the street activity below. I would certainly recommend this lovely spot for a group of friends meeting before dinner or as an after dinner cocktail spot.

Visited June 2013
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Lost its charm.. Better places next door”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Went for a meal since it was only place with availability to reserve but the food is very plain and basic and the atmosphere is good but not as fun as places next door or across the street. Ok for a quick burger ...

• Visited May 2013