“Just okay, my friend.”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 12th Street
Description: Lavomatic is an urban restaurant and bar in the heart of the Gateway Quarter of Downtown Cincinnati. We also offer nightly dinner specials in addition to the regular menu.
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Our party of 8 wanted to eat at Bakersfield next door but it was packed. Since we needed to get to the theater we decided to try Lavomatic. For me...it was just okay. We had a table in the front which was FREEZING by the door. Wanted to eat with my winter coat on but felt that would look silly. Being a vegetarian, I ordered the Black Bean Dirty Rice Wrap with a side of greens. The wrap was very much bland so a side or sriracha sauce was in order. I tried a bite of hummus which my friend ordered and didn't care for it. The theme of the restaurant was cute and our service by Sarah was outstanding. The restroom on the main floor had a very unpleasant odor. Not somewhere I'd go out of my way to visit again.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

My husband and I met for lunch here on a beautiful afternoon. We'd heard good things and thought we'd try it. When we arrived there was only one other couple seated. There was a friendly host/server who greeted and sat us quickly. We placed our orders and were served drinks and appetizer fairly quickly. Our hummus was a thicker, chunkier consistency...not bad, just not what I have ever received when I have ordered hummus. The pita chips were toasty and a bit greasy, like they'd been fried...yummy, though! It was a chilly day, and as the restaurant started filling (later lunch crowd in OTR?) it also got colder...lots of cold air kept blowing in. We both ordered burgers. All their burgers are beef and bison mixture. The meat of the burgers were good, but the buns were heavy and dense and for me, seemed to overpower the burger. I could not eat the bun. I did enjoy the small serving of greens that came with the burger. I don't see that we will ever go back...there are just too many other places to try in the area and this one we just weren't as enamored with as we thought we'd be.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Nice little restaurant in the near, over-the-rhine neighborhood. Service was excellent but the food was under par for the price. a decent wine and spirits selection was nice priced and served well.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Lite fare with magnificent coffee. Great place to go and relax with a book and or with friends. Scrumptous offerings. Try it on a weekend, but can get crowded.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Enjoyed the food, but the upstairs dining area lacks the excitement of the downstairs one...very generic.