All reviewsacross the streetrestaurants and shopsturkey sausageyogurtsmall poolincluded breakfastnight's sleepstay there againper daynetflixhulutvpillowssoaphairdryerratesroomy
Reviewed June 24, 2018

Stayed here for 3 days while visiting my son. Great location. On checking into room, AC was not working. Manager responded right away and rigged the wall unit to work for us. 2nd day, TV wouldn't work. Again, responded quickly and got Tv to work, but...never came to clean room. Had to call them at 4:30 to get someone to come. Again, the manager herself came up to help clean the room. Last day, same thing happened. We were supposed to stay there again 3 days later after we came back from Louisville, but canceled our reservation.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
NelsonBuck, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Uptown / University Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2018

We recognize your time is valuable and appreciate the feedback you have provided on the Guest Satisfaction Survey.

Maintaining a fresh atmosphere within our guest rooms and common areas is always a key priority. On behalf of the entire team at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Uptown/University Area, I sincerely apologize for falling short of not only meeting your expectations, but ours as well. Rest assured, the feedback provided will be shared with the appropriate hotel team to ensure we consistently deliver upon guest expectations.

Reviewed June 19, 2018

Nice facility within minutes of the University of Cincinnati campus. Staff was attentive and cheerful and the rooms were adequate however, my particular room had not been cleaned very well by housekeeping. There was trash left in the trash cans and the desk area had debris from the previous traveler. Parking/unloading for check-in is a bit challenging and overnight parking is offsite with an extra cost. The room charges are a bit high especially surrounding University of Cincinnati special event dates. Although I did not take advantage of the breakfast, I overheard several guests comment that it was not good at all.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed April 18, 2018 via mobile

In the middle of everything! Great food and shopping nearby. Attractions like the zoo or Bogarts are just a few minutes away by car. You can see campus out of the window. Small pool but was nice. Makes the second time I've stayed there. Staff is always very nice.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2018

This hotel is OK. It's an average Fairfield Inn with some teething problems. The lobby area is nice. The rooms are fine. It's new so the bathrooms are clean and nice. The TVs allow you to log in with your Netflix and Hulu accounts which is a great -- although I'm not sure how they clear the account when you log out so other people don't hack your Netflix. Hmm.

Now the not-so-great. There was often no one at the reception. A couple of times I stood there for a few minutes until someone emerged from the back office. The breakfast is so-so. And either the oatmeal machine is broken or no one has read the instructions because it's basically raw oatmeal soaked in warm water. Ah but the parking. How any hotel can function without parking is beyond me. As so many have said, this hotel isn't in the greatest of areas and the parking is in a public parking garage behind the hotel. Schlepping luggage around the block and at night is not the most fun. I had read the other posts about break-ins but the people who booked my room for me assured me that it was safe. It wasn't. I parked my car 2 nights ago and this morning I found the rear passenger window on my new car smashed in, and the frame bent so I probably need a new door. Thanks guys. Glass everywhere and all my belongings strewn around the car. My expensive GPS was stolen from the glove box. I called the hotel reception and they told me to call the parking garage security. I called them and they told me to call the police (which I had already done) because no one came on duty until 10 am. Right. The window couldn't be fixed because no one in Cincinnati can get the window replacement for 3 days. It wasn't my best day.

To be fair the hotel manager and staff did spring into action at this point and they really did go above and beyond. They drove to a store to buy duct tape and plastic and helped me tape up the window. They vacuumed the glass out of the car and brought me coffee (it was cold in the garage). They helped me to call window replacement people. So kudos to them for that, but sadly none of this ultimately makes up for the fact that I am now hundreds of dollars poorer, my insurance rates will likely go up and I had to drive 5 hours on the freeway with a duct-taped window. I really appreciated their help. But however helpful they were, and however nice the hotel itself is, the lack of safe parking here is a deal breaker.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Andrea J
Shawn M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Uptown / University Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2018

AndreaJ

I am so sorry that your car was broken into. Most of our guests park in the City of Cincinnati parking garage next to our hotel as you did. I believe it is usually a safe place to park as I choose to park my car there on a daily basis. That said, it is little comfort to you since you had a problem. The parking garage is equipped with security cameras along with having a staff and a security company that patrol the area including the garage. I hope that the security cameras were able to capture the perpetrators.

You also mentioned the Netflix on your television. The television system at the hotel is tied to our Front Desk system. Your Netflix account is logged off automatically when you check out.

Reviewed March 4, 2018

This is a great hotel if you are looking to be close to University of Cincinnati campus, and want local color of the college life. Hotel is very convenient, and most things are walkable so car is really not needed. Staff were super friendly, and helpful finding way around town. Very clean, newer hotel, breakfast each morning was free and plentiful. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family