“Very friendly service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Cincinnati
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Very friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a family gathering. The rooms were average to good, clean and comfortable. We liked the 2 room suite with the twin beds for the kids. What really set this hotel apart was the great service. Every employee we encountered was friendly and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. Instead of eating out with a large group, we ordered and picked up food to bring to the breakfast area to eat. As soon as the desk staff realized we were up there, a wonderful young lady came up to see if there was anything we needed. She got us plates, silverware, glasses and pitchers of ice water, definitely going above and beyond. The housekeeping staff was also very friendly and helped us with some extra towels to use at the water park next door as we had forgotten to bring ours. The gals serving breakfast each day were very nice and kept everything well stocked and had a great selection of items to choose from. This hotel's service topped many high end hotels that I stay at for work. Great job Fairfield Inn staff, I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sue P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Nairobi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My daughter, granddaughter and I stayed here on 1/26/13 in a suite - room 119. Room was exceptionally clean. Was impressed. The person who cleaned the room before we got there, deserves some recognition. The other person who deserves recognition is Nathan Locklear, Guest Service Manager (who checked us in. ) Very nice and very professional. After checking in ,my daughter became ill. Mr. Locklear and another employee who was about to leave, directed us to an Urgent Care Center. They had map quest direction already in a binder. He made us a copy so we would know exactley where is was. Mr. Locklear and the other employee were most helpful. P.S. After we returned from Urgent Care, Mr Locklear ask how my daughter was. P.S. Nothing serious with my daughter - she felt better in a few hours.

Room Tip: Could not hear the traffic on the highway very much in room 119. After checking in,, Mr.Locklear, G...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Excellent desk staff. Property is typical Marriott; clean and nicely maintained. Nice Marriott bed and a clean bath. Was glad that the ac/heat unit allowed the fan motor to run because this hotel is very close to I-75. For some reason the big rigs found that they had to use their engine brakes as they passed the hotel. The sound came right through the walls. Didn't allow for a good nights sleep either night. The breakfast the first morning was a real mess as it appeared that an employee had been late to work. The second morings breakfast was as expected. Bottom line, if your a light sleeper like me you might want to find another, newer, location.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor closer to Chester Road
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Ready_For_Sun10
Flora, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I had meetings in Cinci and in Dayton, so this seemed like a good place in the middle. I was not on property much due to the meetings I attended. Breakfast is outstanding, lots of great choices. Room was clean and comfy. They could dust the lamp shade a bit better. When I made my reservation I asked to be near the pool. It did not happen. I was on the 5th floor by the highway, at the end of the hall. Lots of road noise if your on that end of the building by I 75. The internet was not working during my 2 day stay. I asked for help in connecting. In calling the tech support number they could not fix it. Then a night worker came up and tried to get it to work and it would not connect. He thought it was in my computer. I found out the following day it was a regional internet outage and the entire hotel had no internet. Good thing I have a hot spot on my phone ! It was inconvienent. They did apologize, I realize internet outages can happen. I also had problems with my room key on check in and during my stay. They were polite and eventually the key would work. It would take 2 or 4 times for the door to recognize it should open. Not sure why this sort of thing happens. I was going to swim after my meetings, but I was so far from the pool. As a Rewards member, I supposed I should of said something, but my schedule was pretty full. I felt the water in the a.m. after breakfast and it felt decently warm and it was a nice sized pool. Some of the carpet in the hallways needs securing, there are bubbles in just a few places in the main hall. The lobby is very nice and I like how breakfast is upstairs in a loft area with a TV for morning news. Although it was loud traffic wise, it was nice to have easy access on and off I 75. I noticed there is an indoor water park next door, I think it was CocoBay. All the hotel workers were very friendly and polite.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask not to be near the highway, due to the truck traffic at various time...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank gak909
Reno
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Last minute change of plans took us to Cincinnati for one night. Booked the hotel sight unseen on the phone with Marriott. Worked out fine. Great location, clean room, usual breakfast. Staff was extremely helpful and courteous.

Room Tip: Breakfast is on the second floor, a change from the usual Fairfield. Park near the side entrance, a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ski_hike
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

My sister, Dad and I stayed here for one night and it was so nice we wanted to stay for more!!! The lobby is amazing, with nice couches and chairs. Our room was on the first floor and we LOVED it.... It had two bedrooms and two bathrooms with a fridge and two TVs. It was very clean and nice. Our room had two tiny twin beds which were pretty good. Our dads room had a large king bed. The one thing we didnt like was how heavy the doors were and how hard they were to open. But they did each have their own door so it was like we each had our own hotel room!!! The pool room was very nice and so was the pool. By the way, its not heated. There is no hot tub, which was disappointing to us. The exercise room is small with only three machines but we enjoyed using it! The breakfast was amazing and overall I would highly recommend staying here!!! :)

Room Tip: Get one on the first floor so you are close to everything.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Natalie H
FairfieldSharonville, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati North/Sharonville, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Natalie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out such a wonderful review of our hotel! We really appreciate the feedback and are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to a chance to see you again!

Brittany, GM
Terre Haute
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This was an older hotel that was in need of renovations. The rooms did appear to have been renovated except for the ugly orange metal doors. THe halls had very old carpeting and the stairwells contained renovation supplies. The room was equipt with WiFi, flat screen TV and a small refrigerator. The space for a single King was a bit small and I have to admit that I had intended to book the Residence Inn down the road but chose this hotel but mistake. The single elevator was very very slow.
My room was at the very end of the hallway which is usually pretty quiet. However, there were several large groups in hotel who were using the common areas and were loud outside my room. It turned out my room was right around the corner from the breakfast area--which these large groups were using as meeting spaces. I used the microwave to heat up some food I brought with me. The pool was nice and refreshing. For as hot as it was out, I was suprised it wasn't packed with people. There were however no more towels available--I got the last one.
The manager passed me several times in the hall and kept enquiring about the temperature in my room. The AC was working fine.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the breakfast room if you want peace and quiet
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank dmbakerphd
FairfieldSharonville, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati North/Sharonville, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Mrs. Baker,

I am very sorry we did not provide you with a room on the high floor and away from meeting spaces. We value our rewards members, and should have more carefully chosen your room block. We have just recently finished some renovations that affected all of our public areas, exterior of the building and guest room bathrooms. In 2014, we will be completely updating the property! I am very much looking forward an opportunity to make our hotel shine.
Again, I want to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while staying at our hotel. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to earn back your trust.

Brittany
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cincinnati
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville
Residence Inn Cincinnati North/Sharonville
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hannaford Inn & Suites
Ramada Plaza Cincinnati Sharonville
TownePlace Suites Cincinnati Northeast/Mason

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati North/Sharonville? Share your experiences!