“Very Nice Stay”

Ranked #21 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
Fairfield, Virginia
“Very Nice Stay”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We drove to Cincinatti to go to A Reds Braves game last wee. I am a Choice Hotel member so I reserved my room from there based on reviews that I had read here. We found the Hotel easily and was surprized that there were eating places all around it as well as shopping. While we weren't there for shopping when I go back in the future my wife will be. The room was clean, the wi/fi worked well and staff was friendly. The room had a flat screen tv, prob. 32 inch with lots of cable channels. (All the sports channels) We were within 15 minutes from the stadium so travel time to the game was nice. The room was a little small compared to some but it was fine. The breakfast then next day was fine. I had a bagel and yogurt and an orange along with my juice & coffee. They had make your own waffles and sausage & egg to make a sandwich as well as cereals and fruit. Checkout was a breeze. I will definately stay her again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Greg R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Northeast, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thankyou for the response. The staff thanks you for the great review and hope you will continue to use us. We work hard to make every visit to our hotel a special and relaxing stay. And it shows by the review such as yours. Again Thank you very much.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Lorain, Ohio
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Pros:
Room was very clean
Non-smoking room had NOT been smoked in
Towels are very soft and fluffy
Bowed out curtain rod in the shower
Better Wi Fi connect than many places I've stayed
Good air conditioning

Cons:
some non-functioning light fixtures
dresser was small, only big enough for the tv, no space to put bags or anything else
would've been nice to have an easy chair/recliner of some sort to read, only place to sit was on the
bed or a small table (yes, a quibble, but I'm finding more and more hotels have an easy chair of some
sort.

Overall, considering I had a Farm Bureau discount, this was a decent hotel close to I-71 for relatively cheap.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Greg R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Northeast, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for the response. I appreciate both the pros and cons. We actually do have the soft cushion chairs with the ottamens in all of our kings that do let you relax and read in them and we might experiment with them in some of our double rooms but the con with that is the double rooms usually have the families in that room type where the activity chairs and tables are more used for the families. And Choice will be upgraded to new furniture in the near future. I will check on the light fixtures. I thankyou again for the review and sugestions. Please stay with us again if ever in Cicinnati.
Willoughby, OH
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This was just a one night stopover, otherwise the dim room lighting (making it difficult to read) and inability to shut the drape completely to block the outside light (making it difficult to sleep), would have been more of an issue. Otherwise, the room was clean and comfortable with the sink located outside the bath, which we prefer. It's nice that the windows can be opened for ventilation. There seemed to be only 1 luggage cart available. The ice machine on the 3rd floor was broken. I would have discussed these problems with the front desk at checkout, but the person didn't ask, "How was your stay?"

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Greg R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Northeast, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you for the review. I appreciate your comments and we will correct the issues you had. We do have two luggage carts on property and I will check into getting a third luggage cart. The ice machine was out and we were waiting on parts to correct the problem. We do have an ice machine on each floor by elevator. Again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We hope to see you again if in this area again and again your response tells us what we are doing right and what we are doing wrong. Thank you
Alexandria, Indiana
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

BEDBUGS! And for some reason my previous review has been removed. My husband and I stayed in April 2012. The staff did nothing to help when we told them we were leaving at 4am due to the infestation. The girl at the desk even said she was afraid to come to work it was so bad.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Kayla D
Greg R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Northeast, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you for the previous review. The staff at Comfort Inn are trained on Bed bug procedures which includes detection and elimination of bed bugs if any are found. We have outside pest control treat and eliminate bed bugs if found and have inspections regularly. I would request you give me a call so we could discuss your experience here. I look forward to hearing from you.
Morehead, Kentucky
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel was very clean from the check-in desk to your room. and the continental breakfast was very nice and clean as well. i admire the cleanliness of this place compared to other hotels in same price range.

I guess the price is between $50 - $60 because of this. and the location is great as well. you can go to city center in 15mins and kings island is 5min.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Greg R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Northeast, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for the excellent review. We take pride in our hotel and our staff enjoys what they do and it is a team effort. The staff of Comfort Inn hope that your next visit to Cincinnati will include the Comfort Inn and again we Thank you.
Southwest Virginia
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed at this Comfort Inn for one night and found it to be an excellent accommodation in every way. I made my reservation through the Choice Hotels Website and check-in was quick and easy. From the moment that I entered the Comfort Inn until I departed I encountered excellent customer service from every employee of this Hotel. I was instantly recognized as a Choice Privileges Elite Member which is not always the case. My room was very clean and the bed comfortable and well made. The breakfast had the usual pastries, cereals, waffles, juice along with eggs and sausage patties. Everything was fresh and the breakfast area was well attended throughout the advertised time. I can't say enough good things about the hotel staff, they were exceptional. I really enjoyed my stay here and will without a doubt stay here whenever I find myself in the Cincinnati area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Greg R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Northeast, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for the excellent review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay here and again our staff enjoys doing what they do and it shows. I will share this review with the staff and we look forward to seeing you again here at the Comfort Inn.