“some plusses, some minuses” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Northeast

Comfort Inn Northeast
Ranked #22 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Willoughby, OH
“some plusses, some minuses”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

This was just a one night stopover, otherwise the dim room lighting (making it difficult to read) and inability to shut the drape completely to block the outside light (making it difficult to sleep), would have been more of an issue. Otherwise, the room was clean and comfortable with the sink located outside the bath, which we prefer. It's nice that the windows can be opened for ventilation. There seemed to be only 1 luggage cart available. The ice machine on the 3rd floor was broken. I would have discussed these problems with the front desk at checkout, but the person didn't ask, "How was your stay?"

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Greg R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Northeast, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you for the review. I appreciate your comments and we will correct the issues you had. We do have two luggage carts on property and I will check into getting a third luggage cart. The ice machine was out and we were waiting on parts to correct the problem. We do have an ice machine on each floor by elevator. Again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We hope to see you again if in this area again and again your response tells us what we are doing right and what we are doing wrong. Thank you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Alexandria, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

BEDBUGS! And for some reason my previous review has been removed. My husband and I stayed in April 2012. The staff did nothing to help when we told them we were leaving at 4am due to the infestation. The girl at the desk even said she was afraid to come to work it was so bad.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Kayla D
Greg R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Northeast, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you for the previous review. The staff at Comfort Inn are trained on Bed bug procedures which includes detection and elimination of bed bugs if any are found. We have outside pest control treat and eliminate bed bugs if found and have inspections regularly. I would request you give me a call so we could discuss your experience here. I look forward to hearing from you.
Morehead, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel was very clean from the check-in desk to your room. and the continental breakfast was very nice and clean as well. i admire the cleanliness of this place compared to other hotels in same price range.

I guess the price is between $50 - $60 because of this. and the location is great as well. you can go to city center in 15mins and kings island is 5min.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Greg R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Northeast, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for the excellent review. We take pride in our hotel and our staff enjoys what they do and it is a team effort. The staff of Comfort Inn hope that your next visit to Cincinnati will include the Comfort Inn and again we Thank you.
Southwest Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed at this Comfort Inn for one night and found it to be an excellent accommodation in every way. I made my reservation through the Choice Hotels Website and check-in was quick and easy. From the moment that I entered the Comfort Inn until I departed I encountered excellent customer service from every employee of this Hotel. I was instantly recognized as a Choice Privileges Elite Member which is not always the case. My room was very clean and the bed comfortable and well made. The breakfast had the usual pastries, cereals, waffles, juice along with eggs and sausage patties. Everything was fresh and the breakfast area was well attended throughout the advertised time. I can't say enough good things about the hotel staff, they were exceptional. I really enjoyed my stay here and will without a doubt stay here whenever I find myself in the Cincinnati area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Greg R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Northeast, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for the excellent review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay here and again our staff enjoys doing what they do and it shows. I will share this review with the staff and we look forward to seeing you again here at the Comfort Inn.
indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This place was great staff very friendly room very clean great location this is the hotel we will stay at everytime we come to cincinnati the breakfast was real nice they had sausage patties eggs waffles i will recommend this to my family and friends when they visit kings island you can walk to mcdonalds white castle i could not believe how clean rooms were don't usually write reviews but had to on this place and nice price great place

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Greg R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Northeast, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for the excellent review. What I admire the most out of this review is the fact you do not respond or write reviews. We pride ourselves on our clean rooms and friendly staff and this shows we truly have a winning combination with our staff. Our staff thanks you again for the great review and look forward to seeing you again if in this area.
seneca falls, ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We were on our way through Ohio when winter storm Saturn hit. We were forced off the roads by cops in Grove City. I called the reservations department and explained asking if we could change our reservation to the Comfort Inn we were sitting 5 ft from in Grove City. They told me Grove City had plenty of rooms but that in order for me to stay there I would have to pay again, I had already paid for Cincinnati. A cop who was with us at the gas station got on the phone and explained we had 3 kids and needed for our children's safety to be moved to the Grove City location. The lady told the cop,"Too bad" which made the cop VERY mad.

Thankfully a plow pulled into the station and the cop spoke to the driver who explained his route was well past Cincinnati. The cop rounded up people going that way and then lined us all up behind the plow and his patrol car. We crawled down the highway at 25 MPH for over 3 hours to get to the hotel.

Once we got there I have to admit the front desk lady was super nice and was very upset her company wouldn't do anything for us. The beds were nice and the room was clean. But I wont be staying at another Comfort Inn if they are so unhelpful to their guest caught in a force of nature.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
Greg R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Northeast, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for the review. You really had a journey from Grove City. I do not understand the circumstances of why you could not cancel the reservation because I do not know how you made the actual reservation or have the information to look at the actual reservation. If it had been directly made to the hotel directly we would of cancelled the reservation. I'm sorry you had to endure the travel on such a bad night. Please if you ever travel this way again please call us direct to make the reservation and in a situation like that we will cancel the reservation without charge. Thank you from the staff of Comfort Inn.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cincinnati
Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason
BEST WESTERN Clermont
BEST WESTERN Clermont
#20 of 51 in Cincinnati
4.0 of 5 stars 226 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn Northeast? Share your experiences!