A recent visit to Ohio was my first experience with TownePlace Suites (I've been switching my lodging businees to Marriott). I stayed at one in Dayton and it was quite nice. No so much for the Mason property.
It's not that it was terrible. It was very quiet and I slept well - which is what really counts. The linens were reasonably clean and fresh. So no complaints there. But, in my opinion, it does not even come close to living up to Marriott standards. It was more like a Best Western. First off, the fixtures are just plain cheap. This place cannot be that old but the wood finish on the bath vanity was already pretty well-beaten. Again, not really a big deal. But what did turn me off was the presence of critters. I killed an unknown insect (not a roach but still a turn-off) in the bathroom.
Several others mentioned the location - it IS remote. The hotel is at least a half-mile back off of Fields-Ertel Road. you could probably walk to one of the restaurants on Fields-Ertel (i.e., Cracker Barrel or TGI Fridays) but it would be a pretty good hike. Stay at Holiday Inn Express and you've got a Graeter's Ice Cream Parlor right there - that's all you need.
Again, all-in-all, I was disappointed. It might have been acceptable for $60-$70 per night; but not $100. The young lady that checked me in upon my arrival was very pleasant. So kudos to the management for that.
But the next time I am in the area, I am going to stick with HI Express or Hyatt Place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our recently renovated suites and lobby will provide you with an unforgettable stay here in Mason, Ohio. At TownPlace Suites Cincinnati Northeast, each room comes fully-equipped with a kitchen, desk and ergonomic work chair, high-quality bedding, an HDTV, and free WiFi is offered throughout the hotel property. Not to mention each guest gets a complimentary buffet breakfast or hot breakfast. The hotel features a seasonal outdoor pool, fitness center and is less than a few miles from some great restaurants in Mason, Ohio. Nearby dining options include Bravo! Cucina Italiana, Carrabba’s Italian Grill, Mimi’s Cafe, Kyoto Japanese Cuisine and Olive Garden. Also close by you’ll find some of Mason’s most popular tourist attractions including the Cincinnati Zoo, Kings Island, The Beach Waterpark, Heritage Village Museum, Ride the Ducks of Cincinnati, and University of Cincinnati. Plan your extended stay today at TownePlace Suites Cincinnati Northeast! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your TownePlace Suites Cincinnati Northeast/Mason reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towneplace Suites Cincinnati Northeast Hotel Cincinnati
- TownePlace Suites Cincinnati Northeast/Mason Ohio