“Great place to stay near King's Island”

Hampton Inn Cincinnati Eastgate
Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Cincinnati
Louisville, United States
“Great place to stay near King's Island”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is a wonderful place to stay if your headng to King's Island park. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The room was clean. The only let down was the loud air conditioning unit. Otherwise, it a great place to rest after a long day at King's Island.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Seabrook, Texas
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed here for one night while visiting friends who live nearby. The hotel was very nice, super comfy beds, very quiet room and pet friendly and the front desk staff friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was very good, scrambled eggs, sausage and the usual cereals, yogurts, fruits, sweet rolls and breads, bagels, etc. would definitely recommend this hotel and we would stay there again. Convenient location on the East side of Cincinnati. Thanks for a great nights sleep.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Springfield, United States
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Hotel is very convenient to interstates and to shopping of all types. However, the hotel staff is the bigger plus because they are most professional, helpful, and friendly. I have stayed in many hotels of differing price ranges and this staff was one of the best.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Cincinnati, United States
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in a comfortable place where you are treated like a superior guest. The staff went out of their way to make us happy. I and my friends really felt privileged. It was fun and exciting! The pool was very nice, just the right temperature. The guest rooms were comfortable and very clean. I didn't have one thing to complain about.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

clayton nc, United States
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Staff was great, room clean, good location, close to interstate and all the amenities you need. Breakfast was pretty much the usual with eggs, sausage, cereal, yogurt and fruits. I was hoping the breakfast would have started a little earlier than 6am. Indoor pool a little cramped at times.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This hotel, while not brand new, was clean and located in a decent area with shopping and dining options close by. The beds were decent and the shower had plenty of hot water and good water pressure. The complimentary breakfast was typical of Hampton Inn, with some hot items and other breakfast fare, although the seating area was somewhat small and crowded. Bottled water was free at the front desk.

However... this hotel is "pet friendly." We typically try to avoid pet friendly properties, although we've stayed at some in the past without issue. We stayed at this one without thinking about its pet policy, due to the strong recommendation of a well-respected local business. On our second (and last) evening at this hotel, we were subjected to a barking dog in a nearby room from about 6:30p-10:30p. The lone staff member at the front desk apparently made multiple trips to our floor in an attempt to identify the room, but was unable to do so. Interestingly, I was able to identify the room almost immediately by following the sound of the barking dog as I walked down the hall, and I reported it to the front desk multiple times. I was repeatedly told that the front desk staff would attempt to reach the owner, but that they could not do anything about the dog until the owner returned. Coincidentally I'm sure, after my first couple of reports of the barking dog, dialing "0" on the phone in my room resulted in a busy signal, so I had to physically visit the front desk in order to report that the dog continued to bark. The barking ceased at some point between 10:30p-11:00p when, presumably, the owner returned to take the dog outside for a bathroom break. We knew about that, too, because the dog barked all the way down the hall on the way out (as it passed our room), and all the way down the hall on the way back in several minutes later.

If hotels are going to be pet friendly, they need to have a way to address the issues that go along with accepting pets, so that other guests are not inconvenienced. Even if I had brought a pet of my own, I certainly wouldn't have wanted to listen to someone else's barking dog late into the night, and I wouldn't have dumped my own dog off in the room and disappeared for hours on end. The front desk staff did offer to move our room (because, I guess, they considered us to be the problem), but not until around 10:00pm, when my kids were already in bed. When I again mentioned my dissatisfaction to to the front desk staff the next morning, the staff person appeared rather indifferent. No significant concession nor effort was made to resolve my reasonable dissatisfaction, and so far, a phone call to the general manager (Lillian) has not been returned.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JGoodish
Lillian R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati Eastgate, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at our hotel. We at take a great deal of pride in meeting our customer’s expectations and are disappointed anytime we fall short of that goal. I am so sorry that you were inconvenienced by the dog backing near your room. I realize how disturbing this was for you and can very much empathize with your frustration. Please know that we do everything we can to accommodate our guests and sincerely apologize that your stay with us was disruptive. Your input and concerns will be discussed at our management team meeting to find options prevent this from occur again.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We value your business and will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have stayed in many holiday inns and expresses and i must say this is by far one of the best to stay inn and the reason is the staff. Ian, Sarah, Gary, Chris, and Josh are always very helpful and are extremely friendly. They have mad this stay a very enjoyable one.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business