“HMMM. FIND A BETTER VENUE”

Saffron Mediterranean Kitchen
Ranked #7 of 135 Restaurants in Walla Walla
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
WASHINGTON
“HMMM. FIND A BETTER VENUE”
Reviewed June 17, 2010

Flavor was wonderful, BUT, way too many tables and action in the restaurant.
Better places to eat with ambiance like T.Mac's that are quiet, great service and yummy food. Have considered dinner at Saffron for a year, finally did it and it was SO disappointing, what can I say....way too loud, out of regular entree's that were promoted.

2 Thank RETIREDTRAVELER1200

washington state
“Saffron is a gem”
Reviewed May 22, 2010

I have no idea what the previous reviewer is talking about - possibly they set the tone for the evening, but I have never had, seen or heard of the kind of treatment that they supposedly had at Saffron. The food, be it the tandori, fideo or pheasant is always wonderful as is the warm, attentive service. It is a treat to sample Chef Chris's creative, ever-changing menu. The place can be a little loud when it is fully packed, but that only adds to the energy. The fact that they open at 2:00 is great for winetasters arriving in Walla Walla later in the day when most restaruants have closed for the afternoon.

Walla Walla, Washington
“Outstanding in every aspect - the food, the atmosphere and the people.”
Reviewed May 14, 2010

I have visited Saffron (and their neighboring Phosho restaurant) many times and wish it was more often. This is a truly remarkable restaurant. The food is outstanding. Very creative dishes and a full array of flavors and combinations that you just won't find anywhere else. I can't resist the paella or fideos when its on the menu, but the flatbreads, hanger steak and literally everything else I have had there were always excellent. There is a definite "Wow" factor to these dishes. It is clear that the chef has a true passion for his craft. Little doubt as to why he is getting national recognition. What makes Saffron even more special for me is the people. I have always been treated with exceptional kindness, friendliness and respect (and patience!) whenever I have been there. It makes quite the impression when I bring in visiting business associates, Chris, Island, Luana, Beau and all the staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Well, more than just welcome - special; just like part of the family. Where else can you get world class food and feel like that? The feeling is definitely mutual.

Atlanta, Georgia
“The Must Place to Dine When In Walla Walla”
Reviewed May 8, 2010

My wife and i were in Walla Walla for the spring release weekend (our first trip there). A friend told us to definitely check out Saffron which we did, wow!

The foo was great and the friendly atmosphere made us feel like we were dinning at a friends house (who really knew how to cook). The food was very creative and perfectly seasoned. This is a definite on our next visit.

If you are in Walla Walla make sure to make reservation ahead of time or you will not get in this intimate gem as it is the best in Walla Walla!

We also enjoyed a great Syrah from Dunham Cellars which made the meal perfect :-)

Walla Walla, Washington
“absolutely burtsting with unique flavors, great service, and lovely atmosphere!”
Reviewed May 7, 2010

Saffron is by far my favorite sit down restaurant in Walla Walla! I go there on a regular basis and have never had a bad, or even sub-par, experience. Everything has always been exquisit. I recommend Saffron to anyone visiting Walla Walla because the food is so delicous and unique and the servers are very friendly and accomodating. If you are visiting Walla Walla, try to make reservations in advance because it is a very small and popular restaurant and it fills up fast!