“Casual Elegance in the Heart of Wine Country”

Saffron Mediterranean Kitchen
Ranked #7 of 135 Restaurants in Walla Walla
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Seattle, Washington
“Casual Elegance in the Heart of Wine Country”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

What a wonderful eating experience! The service was perfect, the food was superb, and the price remarkably reasonable. We were seated and served promptly, but felt comfortably relaxed in our time there. And the food! Outstanding beef cheeks in peach mostarda, babba ganoush with incredibly fresh and flavorful pita, a wonderful torelloni of braised kale, fresh ricotta, and ragu. The leg of lamb with an orange, pistachio, and dukkah spice finish was great that night and the serving was generous enough to provide an excellent breakfast the next morning. And, the chocolate-banana sourdough bread pudding offered a unique blend of tanginess and sweetness. I’ve paid twice as much for lesser meals. We will definitely be back!

Fred P., Seattle

Seattle
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“poured beer all over my husband...and nothing comped!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

So we love Saffron and really make some firm reservations there with our frinends when we visit. We were all hungry and in the mood for a great night ahead. Both husband's ordered beer and when the server brought the bottles--he spilled the entire bottle all over my husband's shirt, jacket and jeans. Really no big deal except my husband had to change right after dinner and we really didn't make a big deal out of it. Our food was only average and I am not sure if it was the beer that did it but next time I think I will skip this restaurant and try others. The server was apologetic but nothing was comped--not even his beer! This experience was a missed opportunity to comp something--like a beer or dessert or something.I work in customer service and everyone at our table works with the pubic. We should have said something at the time and will in the future--I think we were all shocked when our bill arrived.

1 Thank Jennifer C
mccall, Idaho
“Very Noisy”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We ate here last year and loved it. This year it was so noisy we were screaming at each other. It could be we had a different table. The food was as good as always - although I didn't like the lettuce in my salad. The place was packed and it was a Sunday evening. I'm not sure we will go here again next year but only because of the noise.

Seattle, Washington, United States
“Amazing Meal!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The food is absolutely delicious! From the moment we walked in and smelled the wood fired oven we knew that we were in for a treat. And it didn't disappoint as each dish we had was better than the last. We will definitely make a point to eat there when we visit again.

Visited September 2012
Kirkland, Washington
“Unique fare, knowledgable waitstaff”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This might be the most adventurist of dining experiences in Walla Walla. The menus was fun just to read and the explanations by our waiter indicated his great interest in food by his depth of knowledge concerning the preparation and enhancement for each dish. We enjoyed flatbreads with pork bellies and another with Razor clams. A bit salty, but maybe that's just my taste buds. The food was wonderfully fresh, locally and organically grown when possible, and served, like I mentioned with wonderful descriptions suggestions and class.
We had lunch and it was a great stop.

Visited September 2012