“A great place to stay”

Comfort Inn & Suites Walla Walla
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Walla Walla
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Great staff, good value, and they actually read and accomodate my special requests on my internet reservation. If you're looking for lodging that is within walking distance of downtown, this isn't the place. If you don't mind a 3 minute drive to the "city" (Walla Walla is a small town), the Comfort Inn is great place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites Walla Walla

Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife and I spent the weekend in Walla Walla cycling and visiting wineries. The Comfort Inn was great. Room was spacious, clean, fairly new (remodeled?), modern, comfortable, and quiet. The breakfast was better than most free breakfasts. Eggs, meat, waffles, pastries, fruit, etc. All of the staff were professional, courteous, and helpful. The location is almost 2 miles from downtown, but the area it is located in is fine. And, right off rt 12. I overheard some other guests arranging a shuttle, but we did not use it. A nice restaurant and great espresso stand are next door. There is a walking/jogging path directly behind the hotel. The only concern my wife had were the small pillows. Very nice hotel. Reasonable rates. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2012

It was okay. The location - buried in an industrial area off the highway and away from downtown - was not convenient to anything except the highway, and was only attractive to people who like parking lots. One girl I spoke to on the phone was friendly and helpful, as was one of the breakfast ladies, but everyone else made me feel like my being there was a bother to them -- even just the crime of checking in. The room was clean but hot, humid and very stuffy when we checked in, and the air conditioner was too loud and vigorous to leave on at night, even on low, so it stayed stuffy all night. The bathroom was pleasant and clean, and they had a small but pleasant pool and hot tub. Except for the awful coffee (so bad I spit it out and waited to get to the nearest Starbucks), breakfast was okay; warmed up scrambled eggs, and fresh waffles in addition to the usual junk pastries and cereal. But considering the price, location and (lack of) service, I think next time I'll stay at the La Quinta, which had a much better location, comparable quality and ratings, at about half the price. Or if I want more than just a clean bed, I'll spend just a little more and stay at one of the lovely B&Bs in the area, or the Marc.

3  Thank Lauri S
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights for work. It was late at night when I arrived, so I was quite surprised when I opened the blinds the next morning and gazed upon the mosquito breeding ground and junk yard in the back of the property. I did not quite expect that given the $130+ a night room rate. The room was comfortable enough, albeit a bit dirty, there was some trash on the bathroom counter when I checked in. Shortly after unpacking, my smoke detector started chirping. The front staff guys were prompt to come back up to my room and change the battery out. The breakfast was adequate, although the chairs and tables were super awkward. When asked by the locals I was working with where I was staying and I told them, they said, "Oh my! You're in the ghetto!". I was then instructed not to walk around at night. The hotel is sort of in the middle of a whole lot of nothing. Did I mention the $130+ a night??? So... given the location, the view, and okay room.. it was overpriced in my opinion.

Room Tip: The backside of the property offers lovely views of a junkyard.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank IrishTravelingGirl
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was a above average motel for overall quality and amenities. The room was clean and updated. Flat screen TV, fridge and and nice sized bathroom. We stayed in a room on the 4th floor and it was very quiet for the amount of people there. I would stay there again. The lady that helped us at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. I had stayed at the Holiday Inn Express before right next door, and would not go back there. The Comfort Inn beats it hands down!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Room was clean and comfortable. Staff could have been friendlier upon check in. Breakfasts had generous offerings, more than I expected. The self service breakfast area was not large enough to accommodate the breakfast crowd. Bumping into one another and table seating not adequate for guests attending. Outdoor patio with firepace looked very inviting for evening use, but I was told not available. Would stay again if in area.

1  Thank B G
Reviewed September 5, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com