“An excellent place to stay/great hospitality”

Walla Walla Garden Motel
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Walla Walla
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I just started my job as a mail carrier and I am staying here at the colonial motel till I get an apartment in the area. I came in late my first night and`she left the heat on which was very thoughtful of her. Low weekly rates 36.00 a night more tv channels offered than your major chains. A homely feel here wood accent wall nice pictures on the wall extremely comfortable beds and fast running hi speed internet and best of all housekeeper wise its the same person the owner very friendly and trusting.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Walla Walla Garden Motel

Reviewed October 19, 2011

I stayed here for a week while working in WW. I researched hotels as I wasn't thrilled about staying in a cheap Super 8/Motel 6 or overpriced Holiday Inn. I decided to gamble on this place after reading reviews. I was even more pleased with this hotel than I expected. My room was a "smaller" room but still had a sitting area, queen bed, closet-type area for the fridge/microwave (and the fridge was a larger mini-fridge that actually worked!) and a full-sized bathroom with tub. The room was very clean, had ample lamps/lighting and a great micro-fiber reclining loveseat. Windows opened in the front room and bathroom. There was a Vizio flat screen tv and desk with free wi-fi. The wi-fi wasn't working one night and I just called and they were able to fix it. It took me a couple nights to get used to the bed, but it ended up being firm and comfortable (I have a memory foam topper on my bed at home, so I'm used to that). The maid service was great. The only thing that I even thought twice about was the shower temp - I couldn't get a comfortable water temp even moving the knob just a smidgen either way (too hot/too cold) but it's certainly not something that I would cause me to reduce the rating for this motel. I mostly took baths anyway. I would come back to this place and love to support a real mom & pop joint. It was also very quiet, which was great!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank holkrum
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Wow, what a gem. Small is beautiful. Owned and operated by a very friendly couple who take pride in the rooms and grounds. Only hesitancy in writing this review is that others will discover it and we won't be able to get a room on short notice (there's only 17).

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2011

The colonial looks very ordinary from the highway, but the room we stayed in, for $79 a night, was spacious, comfortable, and immaculately maintained. Two standard motel rooms had been converted into a large unit with a small kitchen, which came supplied with a refrigerator, microwave, dishes, and utensils. The two queen beds were very comfortable. Wireless internet access comes with all the rooms; ours worked well. The friendly proprietors are very knowledgeable about the history of the region. I highly recommend Mr. Ed's, next door, for a hearty breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2011

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at the Colonial Motel. The room was attractive, clean, quiet, and comfortable. Even the process of checking in was pleasant, thanks to the friendly owner of the motel, who recommended restaurants and local sites to visit. Allin all, we felt that we got extremely good value for the money.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Stayed for a few nites at the colonial. Very clean and very reasonably priced. We had romm #5 which appeared to be bigger than some of the others. Stay at the colonial and save your money for food and wine.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2011

A nice little respite after a long day of travel. Nothing fancy but fit the bill. Reminds me of days gone by and traveling with my grandparents.

• Stayed: August 2011