“Outstanding as Usual”
Review of Fat Duck Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Walla Walla
Fat Duck Inn
Ranked #4 of 11 Walla Walla B&B and Inns
Lewiston, Idaho
“Outstanding as Usual”
Reviewed May 13, 2011

Once again, our stay at the Fat Duck Inn was wonderful. As beore, the food was five star and our Hostess, Alexa, her thoughtful and charming self. The accomodations are excellent and the location is convenient to all of Walla Walla . We wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Sun Valley Idaho
Reviewed October 26, 2010

As the Fat Duck Inn lodging is booked months in advanced, our crowd was not able to enjoy the overnight comforts of their establishment. However, Alexa and her most excellent Husband with the God-like Culinary Talents cooked up a most delectable, unforgettable, perfect evening for our family and friends. The intimate dining room setting was ideal for our boisterous crowd, as we took up the entire room, and the food was insanely divine. We all waddled like the fat ducks that we were, to our respective cars, content and ready to nest.

We will rave about the Fat Duck Wonders to all our friends who will be visiting Walla Walla in the future, and organize our future trips to include the impeccable hospitality and gastro-orgasmic delights of One Fat Duck Inn.

With much appreciation, gratitude, and fat-duckedness,

Jen Campbell and Clan

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed October 23, 2010

We went to Walla Walla for our anniversary and didn't want to stay in a hotel.....my husband is not a B&B kind of guy, but he researched the available inns and decided on the Fat Duck - and are we glad he did. The inn is not typical B&B frilly (which neither one of us likes). We had the upstairs suite and loved it - roomy & quiet. The inn is perfectly located in a beautiful neighborhood within walking distance to downtown. We had dinner at the inn and were not disappointed. Fabulous food - and the breakfast layout was outstanding as well. We have been raving about the inn to all our friends.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank szjwr093089
jackson, wy
Reviewed October 3, 2010

A small B&B located within walking distance of the central part of Walla Walla. Very clean, quiet, comfortable bed with good linens. Great breakfast with a wide variety of things to choose fro. The bread pudding was some of the best I've ever had. Alexa was very helpful on restaurants, wines and wineries.

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Everett, Washington
Reviewed September 4, 2010

We had a baesement "suite" very disappointing, for $200 a night. No door even for privacy. Very uncomfortable sleeper sofa. Had pain in my shoulder and neck for almost 3 days afterwards... The breakfast was nice but just a buffet style with nothing if you had food allergies. I was told I "could bring my own". The owners were very nice and pleasent.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 6, 2010

The Fat Duck Inn came as a welcome relief after making the long trip from Seattle to Walla Walla in a cramped tour bus. I arrived late in the evening but my key was left out for me with a handwritten note welcoming me to the Inn.

I silently grabbed the key and made my way to the room. Upon entering I was struck by how spacious the room was. I literally would have had room to run if I wasn’t so tired. The bathroom was very roomy as well, but my only focus at the moment was hitting the ever so inviting bed.

I woke early the next morning feeling completely rested after enjoying one of the best night’s sleep that I had experienced in weeks. I literally could have slept on the floor I was so tired, but that bed was amazing. It was so comfortable.

After warming up with a few hot laps around the room I slipped out the front door for a jog around the neighborhood. Fat Duck is in such a great location. Literally just a half dozen blocks from downtown Walla, it’s convenient but just far enough away that you almost feel like your out in the country. Actually, go just a few more blocks away from downtown and you might be.

Breakfast was left out for me when I returned. And, seeing as how I was the only one left who hadn’t eaten by the time I finished showering and getting ready, I enjoyed a quiet breakfast of fruit, quiche, pastries, etc alone on the front porch. Very delicious and serene.

My only regret is that I wasn’t able to spend more than one night. I would have loved to come back to the Duck after an afternoon of wine tasting to relax and sip on the front porch, or grab a bike and peddle into town for a lazy lunch. I definitely recommend a stay at the Fat Duck to anyone visiting Walla Walla. Cheers!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Scottsdale
Reviewed August 2, 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed on our way through Walla Walla on a road trip from Phoenix to Seattle. We found it on the internet the day of, called and we had a room available that afternoon. It was easy to find the house in it's perfect little neighborhood. The house itself is wonderful, great hardwood floors and decor in the common areas. The room was wonderful and everything we needed. We were only there for a short time (1 night) but Walla Walla and the Fat Duck Inn was truely one of our highlights of a long road trip. We had a wonderful meal at a French bistro (can't remember .....sorry!) and some great local wines along the walk back home. Breakfast is superb, quiche and bread pudding were delicous and the coffee was so good. We certainly would come back to Walla Walla just to try and recreate such a great memory.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple