“Subpar Mexican” 2 of 5 bubbles

El Sombrero Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 133 Restaurants in Walla Walla
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Subpar Mexican”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Against my better judgement, I ate dinner here when I was too tired from a long day on the road. Even with low expectations going in, I was very disappointed.
The Carne Asada was tough and tasteless. The chile relleno was a gooey mess of melted cheese and not much chile. The ground beef filling in the enchilada was truly awful. All in all, probably the worst Mexican I have had.

• 1 of 5 bubbles

Coos Bay
“Okay Mexico”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

This was the usual fare; nothing impressive at all. I had enchiladas dripping in cheese. Had to remind the staff to bring the guacamole. My mother-in-law who is from Texas complained there was no flavor to the food. My husband got the Arroz con Chipolte which he said was good but not a reason to return.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank carlathemom
Meridian
“Loved This Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

My husband & I had a delicious meal here. The decor was very nice. The restaurant clean. The staff was friendly. The service was great. They brought us a whole pitcher of water with the chips & salsa. They asked twice if we would like more chips when they saw we were getting low. My meal was a shredded beef chimi plus a chili relleno. Both were delicious although I could only eat about 1/2 of my meal as it was a large platter of food w/beans & rice. They served it w/a good helping of fresh guacamole (delicious) & sour cream. The flavor was so good. The ranchero sauce served over the chili relleno was outstanding in my opinion. Not heavy & was delicately flavored so as not the cover the other flavors, just enhance them. My husband had a chicken fajita platter & thought it was delicious. The portion was large & very well seasoned. Not sure why some negative reviews as our meal was wonderful. Next time in Walla Walla, we will certainly visit this place again! Also, please note, there were a lot of locals eating here. That should be a good sign!

• Visited September 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Another unremarkable Mexican restaurant.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

We had dinner at El Sombrero and the food was reasonable but completely unremarkable. My wife had a margarita and potato skins, which she enjoyed. I had a salad with finely cut steak. The salad was fresh but there was absolutely no seasoning.

• Visited June 2012
Tacoma, Washington
“Disappointing meal”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

The restaurant is clean and friendly but the food was bland and greasy, greasy, greasy. I grew up in New Mexico and know my Mexican food - my chile relleno was far from authentic. My son's fajita platter was better but low on the meat content.

• Visited May 2012