“Chef's Table, do not miss it!”
Review of Marc Restaurant

Marc Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 137 Restaurants in Walla Walla
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our award-winning chefs don't just craft flavorful, picture-perfect dishes at The Marc Restaurant, they also creates memorable experiences that will expand your palate, engage your senses and get you excited about food. Named "2014 Restaurant of the Year" by the Washington State Wine Commission,and "Top 100 Wine Restaurants in America" four years in a row by Wine Enthusiast Magazine - The Marc Restaurant offers a fresh twist on Pacific Northwest Cuisine. The culinary staff works diligently to bring the best of what is in season right from the farm to your table by building relationships with local and regional growers. From the micro-greens grown in-house to the breads and pastries made fresh in the kitchen, a dining experience at The Marc is an encounter with the incredible and an event you'll long remember.
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We thought that we had seen all of the great eating places in WW. This is a must do for people looking for a really great total dining experience, forget the price this once and just do it! All eight of us raved about it and we will all be back here next year!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,144)

Reviewed August 17, 2013

My wife and I are blessed to have eaten at many of the finest restaurants in this country(New York, New Orleans, San Francisco, Chicago, etc.) and many more the world over. For the quality and tastiness of the cooking and the beauty of the presentation, none surpass The Marc Restaurant in the Marcus Whitman Hotel in Walla Walla, WA. Executive Chef Antonio Campolio is an absolute culinary genius. We first marveled at his cooking when The Marc was featured at the James Beard House in New York in December, 2012. While visiting family in nearby Richland in early August, we knew we had to dine there. Having bragged to my sister and her husband about the memorable New York meal, we were slightly worried that we may have pumped up The Marc too much. Not to worry. In a classy but casual setting we all were treated to another magnificent meal. The four of us passed around and shared grilled watermelon, beet salad, heirloom tomatoes with mozzarella and shrimp and grits to start. We followed that with Columbia River King Salmon and (the highlight of the evening for me) St. Ignatius Buffalo Tenderloin. We ended this feast with the scrumptious Chocolate Mousse Bomb. If you're ever anywhere near beautiful Walla Walla, do yourself a favor and allow Chef Antonio and his staff at The Marc to prepare one of the finest meals you'll ever eat.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My family and I were staying at the hotel for a couple of nights and we went down to the Marc Restaurant after a long day of driving. I was expecting a nice meal. What I got shocked me - in a very good way!

After debating over several great sounding entrees, I ordered the Tortellini with local peas and mushrooms. The waiter described how the vinegar was somehow specially created to enhance the something, something, something... I forget. I was tired and I all sounded good to me. (Now I wish I had paid a little more attention!)

Anyway, when the meal arrived and I took the first bite, something very wonderful happened in my mouth. There were fruity tastes, and pasta tastes, and mushroomy tastes and that great vinegar taste bringing it all together into a do-I-have-to-swallow blend of wonderfulness that was easily one of the top 3 dishes I have ever had.

(The sweet French Onion soup was also wonderful.)

Go. And hope they have the Tortellini on the menu.

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had the four course tasting menu with paired wines. Reviews had us expecting a very good experience but this was exceptional and easily exceeded expectations. Of particular note, the chef changes this menu monthly matching food to wines from a single winery. The seasoning and preparation provided the finest wine pairings possible - both the wine and food benefited. And the food uses wonderful ingredients with very good technique - including a bit of molecular gastronomy. While this is not the ten to twenty course extravaganza of Daniel or Alinea or French Laundry we found the food highly comparable, the wine pairings superior, and a bargain at $75 a person as compared to $400 or so.

The menu featured grilled watermelon with Semillon, duck breast with Syrah, bison tenderloin with Cabernet Sauvignon, and a chocoate dessert with Merlot. All wines were from L'Ecole.

A great experience and HIGHLY recommended.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

The tasting menu and wine pairing put together by Chef Campolio and his staff was outstanding. The presentation of each course was delightful and a wonderful combination of tastes and artistry. Each wine highlighted the course and provided an over-the-top flavor explosion.

The meal was further highlighted by the exemplary service provide by Joshua Wood and the service staff. When your waiter is well versed in both the food and wine, it adds up to a meal to be remembered.

Hats off to the Marc Restaurant at the Marcus Whitman Hotel for an excellent and memorable meal served with distinction.