“Great Place to Dine”

The Marc Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 139 Restaurants in Walla Walla
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Dine in the rich surroundings of The Marc Restaurant's formal dining room--where gourmet cuisine and award-winning wines are brought together, to create the ultimate Walla Walla dining experience. Our six in-house chefs meticulously prepare the region's finest menu of Pacific Northwest delicacies including--jumbo diver scallops with risotto, wild spinach, and roasted peppers; Wagyu boneless short ribs with roasted carrots, italian sweet peas, and carmelized sweet onion jus; and New York strip steak with potato puree, garden carrots, mushroom ragoût, and truffle-infused hollandaise. Recently awarded "Restaurant of The Year" by the Washington Wine Commission, The Marc Restaurant is Walla Walla's top destination for wine-paired dining.
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We didn't make any reservations when we arrived at the hotel later Friday night. We just walked in, asked to be seated. The waiter was nice, he helped us with the selection. Just keep in mind, if the server forgets to bring the bread, gently remind him/her to do so. We devoured our bread in
minutes. My scallops were ok, since I'm on a low salt diet, everything tastes way too salty. My husband had buffalo and it turned out perfect. We ordered kids' food from the main menu, there's no hint on it. We loved our meal. The wine list is nice and extensive, like in many nice restaurants. My husband enjoyed his IPA and I had wine by the glass. The service was slow at times but we were patient, there were too many functions that night. I would go to this restaurant again and again.
In the morning you get standard breakfast, quite hearty and filling. There are no healthy options
at all.

1  Thank RU2WA
Write a ReviewReviews (1,161)

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Six of us enjoyed exceptional meals in a beautiful location. The menu, presentation, quality of food and service by our waiter, Mark, were fabulous. We will be back!!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Once again, the Marc came through with flying colors. From the food to the service (and of course the wine list) this is absolutely the best place to eat in Walla Walla.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We did two evening meals at The Marc. One a tasting menu in the Dining Room, the other a Chef's Table in the kitchen. The food was fresh, interesting, imaginative, and succulent. The wines were excellent, highly acclaimed wines. What could be better? Oh, did I mention the price? For food, drink and service of this caliber the price is value extraordinaire.
If you are in Walla Walla and looking for a very fine dining experience, do visit The Marc.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

When one reads about the quakifications of the chef and spends over $100 for dinner for two, one has very high expectations. Although the service was impeccable, the food didn't quite meet those high expectations. The flavors were great, but my chicken was a bit dry and my wife's pasta was too dense.

On the other hand, the food in the lounge exceeded our (not quite so high) expectations. My wife loved her avocado roll, and my lamb gyro was outstanding. Odd that the terrific lounge food and the slightly disappointing restaurant food come from the same kitchen.

Silas, the bartender, was amazing. Funny, efficient, very knowledgable, and an outstanding mixologist. Ask him about the Mrs Butterworth bottle on the back bar! You won't believe your taste buds.