“Very nice place, really good food!”
Review of Grandmas Kitchen

Grandmas Kitchen
Ranked #17 of 136 Restaurants in Walla Walla
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We had lunch at this place and it was great. Traditional mexican food in a very nice location. My wife had the burrito with vegetarian filling (the one with Prickly Pear Cactus) which was very good. I had fish tacos that were great as well. We had both Agua de Jamaica and Horchata, very refreshing!

Staff was really friendly. Highly recommended.

1  Thank juancuribev

Reviewed January 29, 2014

food is so delicious and authentic! The hibiscus tea is quiet refreshing. Menu options are quite filling.

1  Thank Lk M
Reviewed January 20, 2014

What a yummy burrito! I ordered the veggie burrito with cactus, fresh pico, avocado and all the rest. Wow, this was really good! Fresh! The gal in line in front of me told me she tried them last week and has been craving their food all week. I would agree with her. I will crave this place until I return! And the service was excellent. Super friendly guy made my food and chatted with me while he worked. Such a treat, a good personal touch. There are a lot of greasy, heavy Mexican places in Walla Walla that I don't much enjoy. I enjoy Dora's Deli at the Worm Ranch. But this place is different completely. I will continue to enjoy both. This place is definitely more affordable. My burrito was $6 and change, with chips and two small salsas. Excellent!

1  Thank Breezy W
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Full disclosure. I know this family, as they started with a booth at the local farmer's market, at which I am also a vendor. Grandma is in her 70's. When asked by some of her other children to move to California and retire, she said "what would I do all day"? Her son Manny is her partner in the restaurant. They were both wonderful people and the atmosphere of the restaurant is warm and friendly. But it's really all about the food, right? And the food is wonderful. Authentic. Very flavorful. This is not "Americanized" Mexican food with handfuls of bagged shredded cheese melted on top. This is the real deal. Everything I've ever eaten from this cooking duo has been wonderful. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Jennifer K
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Grandmas Kitchen, at 36 S. Colville in Walla Walla, has quality, authentic Mexican food. Run by Doña Josefina and Manuel, it was a fixture at the Saturday Farmer's Market before moving downtown.

Wash down your burrito, tostada, torta or whatever with either sweet horchata (rice, milk, vanilla and cinnamon) or refreshing jamaica (made with part of the hibiscus flower).

The restaurant has been open for just a couple of weeks as I write in September 2013. It is very good now and will only get better as their menu expands over time.

The food is reasonably priced at Grandma's Kitchen (a chicken torta was $4), so you will be able to afford to head next door for coffee and dessert in the form of an upscale pastry at the very highly rated Patisserie bakery.

3  Thank Jubilado