“I would only return if it's the last place on earth!”

Olive Market Place & Cafe
Ranked #13 of 139 Restaurants in Walla Walla
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Welcome to Olive Marketplace and Café – where the worlds of food, wine, and ambiance are perfectly blended in a single downtown Walla Walla location. Whether you’re joining us for a tasty house-made meal, or picking up artisan ingredients to prepare at home, every visit to Olive is a new, flavorful adventure!
Reviewed May 18, 2007

I really used to enjoy this place, with it's cozy, hometown atmosphere, and it's fun lunch selections. My dissatisfaction began when someone forgot my order and I waited an hour for a sandwich. I decided I'd give them another chance when I dropped in to get a ginger ale. I made eye contact with two different employees and they ignored me for twenty minutes, assuming they were busy, I waited. As it turns out, they were 15 minutes until closing and they ignored me afraid I was going to make an order and they would have to stay late.
I AM NEVER RETURNING, I work in the food service industry and have never ignored a customer, even if we were getting ready to close.

3  Thank dandydiner

Reviewed April 11, 2007

This is a fun place on main street. It has great bagels, bread, and very reasonable, mostly "soup-and-salad" type food. Don't expect restaurant-type service here because that is not what this place is. It is a fun, funky deli with great food and great atmosphere. You can eat outside under the covered awning or lots of room inside. Great coffee too. They also sell dried teas and some gourmet items that are hard to find. They also close at varying times in the late afternoon (around say 4:30-5ish, a lot like some European pubs actually) which is all part of the deal too.

Reviewed October 30, 2006

Good local flavor. Just a long, long wait to get the food.

Reviewed September 1, 2006

I've had a great cup of espresso at Merchants....but not lately. Every time I've been in (which is less and less frequently) there's a new vapid-expressioned high-schooler wondering what I mean by double tall latte, and then serving me a single venti. The pastries have always been great, that's one thing I can say.

A TripAdvisor Member
College Place, Washington
Reviewed December 12, 2005

I just went here today and was refused service just because my roommate and I were carrying Starbuck drinks, which we had bought across the street. We had been standing in line for 10 mins being glared at by the attendant. If she is going to refuse service it would be nice if she would at least tell me ahead of time so that we can leave to have time to find food elsewhere. She wasn't even poliet about the whole situation. She made a scene in front of people. My roommate and I had our shoes, shirts and pants on, we shouldn't have be refused service on account of the drink we were carrying. Everyone was shocked and silent in the building. We just left without a word, hurt. It hadn't been my best day and it made it ten times worse. I had no other time to get food elsewhere. I have to say that in my opinion this was POOR SERVICE. I have spoken to a few others and they told me they have had the same experience. They have contacted the Manager but he is said to be worse about the topic and of no help. I have lived here for 20 years and have enjoyed the food, but once treated unkindly the place is no longer my number one choice and can't be recommend. Its not about the food its about the service. There was no warning. UNCALLED FOR!!!!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member