“Pretty good BBQ”
Review of A Wing and a Prayer - CLOSED

A Wing and a Prayer
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Recently spent a night in Walla Walla on a short road trip and, after checking our stomachs and the reviews here, decided that BBQ sounded good. I chose the brisket dinner ($10.99) and my partner had a 1/2 rack of baby back ribs ($16.99) and both came with two sides.

My brisket was lean but tender with with a heavy smoke flavor, just the way I like it. The sides I chose were BBQ beans and cole slaw. Both were good, though the beans were just a little on the dry side ... a little more juice would have been appreciated. I would definitely order this combo again. 5 stars.

My partner's ribs (which I sampled) were tender and tasty though a little too smoky for our tastes. We like a heavy smoke on the brisket but would have preferred a lighter smoke on the ribs. They were also a little on the cool side, though if we had asked the staff to heat them up a little I'm sure they would have been glad to do so. 3 stars.

We agreed that if we ever find ourselves in Walla Walla again, we would stop in here for more BBQ. Recommended.

Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Great food - their sandwiches are very good. Top notch barbecue. Worth a visit. Reasonable prices for a good meal

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Really nice owner. I had pulled pork sandwich and ribs. They gave me extra ribs, and the bread for the meaty pulled pork sandwich was so fresh. $11 for a great dinner. They just need to get wireless and keep their faith out of the forefront. They had a window decoration about Jesus which some might find odd for a restaurant. They have a right to their beliefs, but not all are Christians.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

The owner does his own meats. Chicken, Brisket, ribs, pulled pork, you name it. He also makes his own baked beans, cole slaw, and potato salad. The food was quality and delicious. I particularly liked the Brisket. The meat was so tender and flavorful. This man cares about his food. One thing, my husband got the baby back ribs. The meat was great, but he did them without barbeque sauce. You add that at your table. My husband prefers his ribs cooked with the sauce. You won't be disappointed here. If you like good barbeque, this is great!!