“A family place with lots of room.”

Mill Creek Brewpub and Ale House
Ranked #39 of 137 Restaurants in Walla Walla
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The brewpub was pretty good I really enjoyed my Wheat Beer with lemon. My husband had the Pub Burger which he says was juicy and had fresh condiments on a soft bun. I had a vegetarian sandwich on whole grain bread. The wait staff was friendly and attentive. What I loved best about this meal was the potato chips. Wow! Fresh with just the right amount of crunch and salt I could of eaten a whole plate of these alone. My husbands french fries were pretty good too! I almost didn't go here because of some of the reviews but we were tired and needed some shade and beer. I am glad we did it was just fine with a little attention to decor and some upgrades to menu it could be an even better place.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I hesitate to review a place where we never got served any food or beer, but am going to do so anyway, just to save time and hassle for other people.

We arrived on a Saturday during the July 4th weekend well after the lunch rush--around 2:30. There weren't a lot of other patrons present on site. We were seated promptly. Not too long after, the same host/server who seated us came by to clear the table of the dishes from the previous customers, and then we never saw any wait staff or any restaurant employee after that. I don't remember how long we sat there, but it was at least 15 minutes. My husband finally noticed that the same hostess server who'd seated us and cleared the dishes seemed to be the same lone employee trying to attend to all the patrons, indoors and out, in the entire restaurant. She was doing a valiant job trying, but it became clear that if it was taking her this long just to bring us menus, that it was going to take even longer for her to get around to being able to return to take our food order, put in our food order, or bring us our food or our check.

So we decided to just cut our losses and walk out.

We'd noticed a place just across the street, a vegan place, was open for lunch only 'til 3PM, so we headed right to that other place.

Maybe we just caught Mill Creek Brewpub on a bad day, but shouldn't management have some mechanism, especially on a holiday weekend, to implement a back-up plan when they suddenly find themselves this severely short-staffed? We resented the waste of our time.

1  Thank fiery4
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We just went in to check it out. We decided we were in the mood for a drink and appetizer. We ordered the Walla Walla Sweet Onion Rings. They were very tasty and not a bit of extra grease. Don't know how they do it! I had a wheat beer, seemed like the thing to do in wheat country. Enjoyed it very much and my friend was very happy with her bloody marry. The waitress was friendly and helpful. Casual place and definitely more tavern than restaurant. Prices seemed reasonable.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Had a beer and Nachos, food was very good, beer cold, a little tough to get a prompt refill sometimes, probably easier to just order a pitcher, nice outdoor patio are with fire place, peanuts are free, shells go on the floor, a fun place.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

The beer here is awesome. I really like the brew22. Its sweet and tasty and not too filling. The prime rib dip is as good a sandwich as you will find anywhere. My husband likes the waitresses a little too much, but I can overlook that lol.