“Nothing special”

Mill Creek Brewpub and Ale House
Ranked #41 of 137 Restaurants in Walla Walla
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Let me start by saying that brewpubs are among my favorite places to eat. But this one smacked of failure. They had four beers listed, but they were out of IPA, and the server didn't seem to know much about the other ones. I settled for a red ale that tasted like Budweiswer with some food coloring added. I couldn't finish it, which is almost unheard of for me.

I can't remember what my wife or I ordered for food. I remember that I didn't finish mine. I don't remember it as good. I don't remember it as bad. I just plain don't remember it.

Too bad. A good brewpub in a place like Walla Walla could be great. But this one sure wasn't.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My fiance and I traveled through Walla Walla en route to our wedding in Idaho. Being the true "hop heads" we are, we couldn't pass up the opportunity to pop into the pub for a sampling of the brews. We enjoyed their IPA and red ale. The free peanuts and popcorn was a nice touch.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Had a late lunch while visiting in town. I had the patty-melt; my husband had a cheeseburger; and we shared an order of onion rings. The food was OK; nothing to write home about. Nothing was really hot-only warm and that really detracted from it being good. The waitress brought fry sauce to have with our onion rings and that was really GOOD! Service was also GOOD! I wouldn't go back.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Our first night in Walla Walla we ate here. Good kids menu and a variety of choices for adults. Pretty good beer too. I had the porter.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

First, I have to say I am somewhat surprised that this place has never been reviewed before on Tripadvisor. It isn't even listed with the rest of the Walla Walla restaurants. That really perplexes me since there are some establishments that are listed that I would be much less likely to patronize. Sure, you could say that this is "just a pub" or "just another sports bar" but you would be mistaken. Admittedly, it is a boisterous, throw-your-peanut-shells-on-the-floor kind of place. But owner Gary Johnson has obviously instilled a customer service attitude in his employees that is reflected in everything they do. We had reservations for a party of 15 and when we walked in the first thing I noticed was the pitchers of water waiting at our tables. If that doesn't strike you as being significant, just think about the number of times you have been seated at a restaurant and eventually had to ask for water to be served. Prompt service, plenty of televisions, speedy accommodation of special requests, a menu a few steps above traditional tavern fare, and smiles all contribute to making this a fun place to go. We will go back.