“Consistent quality”

Cougar Crest Winery
Ranked #47 of 118 things to do in Walla Walla
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My friend has been in the CC wine club for a few years now and I have tasted a number of their wines through him. We we able to visit the winery a few weeks ago and taste a range of their current offerings. Consistently high quality. Nice tasting facility, too. Recommended.

All reviews
in 15 reviews
"tasting"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I had a good experience at this winery - they shared several of their selections during our tasting. They offered re-taste and helped us figure out which ones were going home. They have some amazing red wines...

Reviewed August 26, 2012

During our 2-week stay in Washington and Oregon we visited approximately 100 wineries. As we had to transport it back to Germany we only bought 6 bottles - one of them at Cougars because of their extraordinary quality. We really enjoyed our visit and can only recommend this winery!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Although I greatly appreciate many of the wineries in the Tri-Cities and Walla Walla, I am a member of only one wine club: Cougar Crest. They are hands down my favorite winery for several reasons. Absolutely DELICIOUS wine is at the top of the list, followed closely by reasonable prices; further down the list: convenient location along the highway, their awesome winery cat "Whiskey," gorgeous tasting room with artistic glass pieces, yummy chocolates that pair with specific wines, and other great gift ideas for wine lovers.

Expect to pay between $15-$50 per bottle, with quite a few excellent options in the mid-$20's. Cougar Crest has a huge selection that caters to everyone from the advanced palette to the "anything sweet, please" beginner. Don't miss the Reserve wines, as they are likely to be some of the best wines you've ever tasted! Also try their Cuvee (around $35) and Dedication Five/Six/Whatever number they're on ($20... and worth so much more!). My husband loves their Tempranillo, but it's too "earthy" for my taste. Syrah fans, you'll be in heaven.

They have a standard $5 tasting fee, refunded with any wine purchase. Joining the wine club is free, and you choose shipments of either 3, 6, or 12 bottles quarterly. You also get 15% off of purchases and free tasting for you and friends when you join. I promise I don't work for them... just love their wine!!!