“Must Visit in the Walla Walla Region”

Pepper Bridge Winery
Ranked #19 of 103 things to do in Walla Walla
More attraction details
Owner description: World-class red wines from two estate vineyards, Pepper Bridge Vineyard and Seven Hills Vineyard.
Seattle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Must Visit in the Walla Walla Region”
Reviewed May 8, 2011

I just went to this winery in Walla Walla because it was storied as one of the best, and I had tasted their wonderful wines at their Woodinville tasting room. The visit went better than I had expected.

To get to the tasting room, you have to wind through their estate vineyards, which was like dangling a carrot in front of me. It was absolutely gorgeous to drive through their vineyard and drive up to their tasting room. The tasting room sat atop of a small plateau, which allowed me to look at the expanse of Walla Walla valley from a 360 degree view. If you are lucky to go on one of those sunny days, it is breathtaking. If you are from the western part of the state, the feeling of the sun beating down on you during such a nice moment will make you want east.

The tasting room was spacious, classy, and inviting. Unbeknownst to me until later, several of the winemakers were standing around the tasting room when I walked in. I was fortunate enough to meet Tim, one fo the winemakers. Tim generously explained to me the history of the winery, the philosophy behind the winemaking, and of course, the details of each wine I tried. Most impressively, however, Tim gave my girlfriend and I, and our 6 other friends, a fantastic tour of thei facilities. We saw everything from their machines to their tanks, and most notably, their caves, where they age their wines in oak barrels. At the end of the tour, we all walked away feeling pretty fortunate to have stopped at one of the most premiere wineries in the state of Washington. The wines were to die for, and after spending 7 years in the bay area and drinking Napa Valley wines, I can say that Pepper Bridge's reds can go toe to toe with anything you can find in California.

Needless to say, stopping here is a must if you are ever in the Walla Walla region. My only regret was that I could not get their winery dog to let me pet it.

Visited May 2011