“Stay Here Instead of a Hotel!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Walla Walla
Inn at Blackberry Creek
Ranked #1 of 12 Walla Walla B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 6, 2007

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 1, 2006

We spent one night here at the end of a road trip through Montana and Idaho. We had changed our schedule completely in order to be able to get a room here and we were not disappointed.

We had the Cezanne room upstairs, with a blissfully comfortable bed, spotlessly clean bathroom and every little detail thought of to make our stay perfect. My husband loved the chocolate and the cookies, I loved sitting on the terrace in the late afternoon with a cup of tea and Georgia, the cat, for company. We played checkers, checked our email, read books and felt totally relaxed and at home.

Breakfast was excellent too, and we were reluctant to leave - we'll definitely try and come back.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EnglishwomanAbroad
Reviewed September 1, 2006

The Inn at Blackberry Creek is one of those rare places that manages to exceed your already high expectations, given the rave reviews it receives. The large period house has been lovingly restored, with appropriate modern amenities, and decorated with lovely period furniture. It sits beautifully on a large creek side lot with large stately trees and a lovely garden. The individual rooms are large, comfortable and have superb mattresses on the king beds.

The staff is welcoming and helpful but most of all the owner Barbara Knudsen has a remarkable sense of what it takes to make folks feel remarkable welcome and pampered. Her breakfasts are the best I have EVER had at a B+B anywhere in the world (from Napa to Provence). From her freshly made (on site) pastries, to fresh fruit to her extensive choice of items from egg dishes to homemade granola, the list goes on. Want several of those items? No problem. And in the nice summer weather, all served on the porch overlooking the garden.

And did I mention the fresh baked cookies that await each afternoon and evening?

We brought our won bicycles but they have bikes and helmets for guests to use. (Hint: bicycles are a great way to explore Walla Walla- they even have a bicycle map for visitors). Their are lovely sitting areas on the main and second floor (where there is also a library of games and videos).

We stayed three nights and are already planning our next trip back.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PDXTom
Reviewed July 21, 2006

I had stayed at this Inn once before, during a winter business trip to Walla Walla. I loved it so much that I booked it again for a trip I recently took (again for business) in May.

Barbara, the innkeeper, has thought of everything a business or leisure traveler needs. The room I was in had a desk with high speed internet connection. The bed linens and pillows are high quality and comfortable-- it was so easy to sleep after a hard day's work! The temperature of the room was perfect, but I did check to see if there was a fan just in case I needed more air circulation. Of course, there was a fan in the closet ready for my use. Also, there was a refrigerator, iron, and ironing board, which at many B&Bs are "special requests."

I really appreciated the cleanliness at this inn, as well. There was not a speck of dust or mark anywhere-- the room was spotless.

Breakfast in the morning was delicious. I have never stayed at a B&B that has breakfast choices-- Barbara presented a menu, and told me to order anything I wanted from the selections. It was such a treat! It was also great to sit out on the patio and enjoy the beautiful gardens and flowers.

This is the perfect inn for the business (and leisure) traveler!

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank LoggingMoreMiles
Seattle, WA
Reviewed April 30, 2006

This inn is not limited to romantic getaways--my cousin and I spent a wonderful evening here passing through Walla Walla. It was intended simply as a hotel option, but I would make this a destination in the future! Barbara is charming and hospitable. With only three guest rooms, there is lots of public space available for reading and reflecting. Really beautifully restored--the pictures do not do it justice.

• Stayed: April 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Seattle WA
Reviewed October 6, 2005

We loved staying here- The inn is clean and comfortable, and I loved being able to have cookies and tea at all hours. The decorations are charming, and the breakfast was yummy. It was the perfect choice and exceeded our expections.

• Stayed: November 2004
Seattle
Reviewed August 19, 2005

Thank you Barbara and friends for a great stay at your Inn. The setting is perfect after a day of tasting; cool, calm, and comfortable. The bedrooms are huge - the breakfast worth the price of the room. Ask Barbara about the pork chops with basil cream sauce. This place exceeded our expectations and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a quiet oasis in the heart of Walla Walla wine country.

• Stayed: August 2005
Holiday Inn Express Walla Walla
The Weinhard Hotel
The Weinhard Hotel
#1 of 4 in Dayton

Been to Inn at Blackberry Creek? Share your experiences!