“I'm Not a Vegan & I Was Pleasantly Surprised”
Review of The Garden Vegan Cafe - CLOSED

The Garden Vegan Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed November 3, 2012

My friend recommended this restaurant for a place for us to meet for lunch and I'm a good sport, so I agreed (even though I'm definitely NOT a vegan). I had the chickpea tuna sandwich and was blown away at how good it was. It's a little pricey ($12.00 for a sandwich and carrot salad), but I enjoyed my lunch very much.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My title says it all, I went along with friends even though I am not a vegan, food was still delicious! Humus was my favorite!

1  Thank kporte2
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I have gone to eat there several times over the past year and I have never ordered anything that I didn't love. While I am a vegetarian, I grew up eating meat and therefore am not one of those shelter born vegan palate's. Everything I have ordered I have loved! The only problem is going in there and not ordering what I ordered last time because I loved it so much it's what I end up craving. I would recommend The Garden Cafe to anyone, regardless of whether they are vegan/vegetarian or not!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I went to the Garden Vegan Cafe several times on my last visit to Walla Walla. There were 3 vegetarians and 1 omnivore. I felt this was an excellent lunch choice and a good dinner choice. The menu feels more "lunch-like" with sandwiches and smoothies.

This is a cafe where you order at the counter and they bring it to the table. It's not a fancy restaurant.

They have a wide variety of vegan options, including peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. (That last is a fairly safe choice for small kids.) During my visits, I tried an eggless "egg salad" sandwich (excellent), a faux turkey sandwich (good), and a quesadilla with fake cheese (excellent).

Reviewed June 27, 2012

I've been dropping by here at least once a week or so for the past several months and have never been disappointed. I go through phases, sometimes a curry bowl phase, a pesto panini phase, a smoothie phase...currently I'm hooked on their signature "Garden Burger" with a side of iced carrot and beet juice. Their loose leaf tea and desert section is pretty nifty too. Unfortunately they have not shaken up their menu yet...but this place is still new!

All told, in a town like Walla Walla, you couldn't ask for a better lunch spot.