“More than enough to eat!”

The Maple Counter Cafe
Ranked #2 of 135 Restaurants in Walla Walla
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Wow..what a great breakfast and anyway you want it. The service is superb and friendly . Try to arrive early on Sunday or you will wait ... But worth it.

There are newer reviews for The Maple Counter Cafe

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We had breakfast here and enjoyed a half order which even then had leftovers. Typical American portions and dishes in a nice environment.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

When we go out to eat , we Ty and find a place that serves food that we have not cooked or eaten before, that's when we loved the maple counter.
Besides the usual bacon eggs selections. You had some very unusual combinations of excellent foods .
I loved the decor, American early with a French backdrop ,
We talked about this as one of the best breakfasts we've ever eaten ,
Be ready to wait if its the weekend !
Only negative , the sourdough toast did not match the rest of the meal, it needs some help !
Thanks mike

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food at the Maple Counter Café was delicious. I had a basic breakfast; bacon and eggs, but not all places do this simple fare well. My bacon was thick and done perfectly. Crispy, but not burnt. And my scrambled eggs...I'm not sure how they flavored them but they were fluffy and creamy and moist. Other family members had pancakes and declared them tasty and piping hot and hubby had an omelet that he also enjoyed.

My only reason for four instead of five stars are the prices. It was my first visit to Walla Walla, so maybe $11.95 for two eggs and two slices of bacon is normal for the area. It seemed high to me.

maplecountercafe, Owner at The Maple Counter Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear pdrey,

Thank you for your review--we are thrilled to hear that you and the rest of your party enjoyed your meal!

I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed in the price of your meal. I want to make sure that you were not overcharged. Is it true that you only ordered 2 eggs and 2 pieces of bacon? If so, the price for that at our restaurant is only $6.20. A side order of eggs is $3.25 and a side order of two pieces of bacon is $2.95. Perhaps you ordered the Trio, which for $11.95 comes with 2 eggs, 4 pieces of bacon, and three pancakes. If you were charged for this, but only received the 2 eggs and 2 bacon pieces, please let me know so that I may reimburse part of your meal!

If you did in fact order the Trio though, with the additional 2 pieces of bacon and three pancakes, would you mind including this in your review to accurately reflect what you received? We are a small, family run restaurant, and every review really makes a difference in how our business is perceived. We certainly don't want folks thinking they'd be paying $11.95 for just 2 eggs and 2 bacon strips. As I mentioned above, the price for this would only be $6.20.

If you were overcharged though, please let me know so that I can issue you a reimbursement!

I appreciate your time, and look forward to hearing back from you.

Rachel Nagler, owner

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Enjoyed the food and service but the flies were terrible! We were sitting inside and the flies were everywhere. Maybe it was the time of the season for flies, but it was quite annoying.

Note that they don't serve lunch on Sunday but only breakfast - a disapointment. Definately would go back for breakfast but earlier in morning - wasn't that excited to eat another breakfast yesterday.

maplecountercafe, Owner at The Maple Counter Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We want to apologize about the flies! Yes, it is certainly that time of year. We are doing all we can to get rid of them--fly lights, fly tape, fly swatters--you name it, we've tried it! Most of the flies are caught in the evening with the fly lights, however it seems that we're never able to catch them all. During the day, each time our doors open, a few more make their way in. Rest assured though that we have another fly light is in the mail which will hopefully catch more, and fly season should be winding down very soon as well.

We appreciate your business, and hope that you will give us another chance.

Thanks again,