“Wonderful food and hip atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Green Spoon - CLOSED

Green Spoon
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
College Place, Washington
“Wonderful food and hip atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

All the meals I have had there have been tremendous and the vegetarian options are some of the best in the valley! I have their caprese appetizer every time I visit there.

• Visited April 2012

Walla Walla, Washington
“not hospitable; poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

They've moved downtown and have the attitude to prove it. Ignored requests for condiments. One friend's burger was waaaay undercooked. The waiters were gossiping in the back hall about the patrons as we left. Couldn't be bothered to say goodbye or thank you. In general I feel like locals aren't really their target audience; they are there for the wine crowd.

• Visited May 2012
Sacramento, California
“My Walla Walla friends took me to this restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

Everything on the menu looked great, and everything we ordered was delicious. Lots of vegan and vegetarian items as well as fish and meat.

Visited April 2012
Walla Walla, Washington
“Great service, imaginative menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

Lunch and dinner with attention to dietary details which are important to us. Always happy with meals and service!

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Long Timer Finally Quits”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

As a regular at the Green Spoon for about eight months, I've typically enjoyed the food but often have unpleasant experiences. Issues like order errors, not bringing silverware, wet or dirty tables, waiting forever for the check, and the server leaving without allowing me to ask for anything (e.g., dropping off food while merely slowing down and looking toward the next task) are the most common culprits.

Today I learned the customer also bears the risk of the restaurant's mistakes with respect to food quality. This alone is reason to take business elsewhere since it's standard practice to make things right when the food quality misses the mark in the restaurant business. Other items can be tolerated and will typically improve over time if brought to management's attention. But this is an automatic F.

The breakfast potatoes that came with my omelet were cold. "Cold," as in room temperature from being left out way too long, not merely "not warm." I waited for server to check in on me so I could report this but no one did until I was ready to go.

Having left my potatoes, I requested a discount. My request was declined, with a suggestion I should have said so earlier. I explained I was looking for an opportunity since I started but no one stopped by until I was ready for the check.

The restaurant didn't find either fact relevant and offered to box the potatoes. That wasn't reasonable since thrice-heated potatoes aren't too appetizing and since they are best enjoyed with the meal, not afterward.

This should have been a no-brainer, so I asked to speak with the manager before leaving (is that really how to treat any customer, not to mention a regular customer, who has *never* sent something back?) Not so much.

The manager was not available. Does that get the staff a pass? Again, "no." If mgmt hasn't empowered staff to deal with such a benign issue, that's another strike, not another pass.

I discarded my twice-heated potatoes on the way to the car with mixed feelings. I was disappointed with having one less dining option but thankful that capitalism allows me to vote with my wallet.

• Visited February 2012