“Customer service is the pits.......................”

Holiday Inn Express Walla Walla
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Walla Walla
Walla Walla
“Customer service is the pits.......................”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2007

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The hotel manager Liz is horrible and very rude. I was called by first name at first by all the hotel employees, but after I made a complaint to the main headquarters office concerning my hotel bill being charged different and since it could not be resolved locally ,from what I had reserved my hotel room rate at all of the employees changed their attitude. They staff ended up being very cold and their customer service went down hill. I ended up cancelling my rest of my room reservations that I had booked in advanced for a month. My opinion based on lousy customer service this hotel does not meet expectations & I would not recommend it to no one.

• Liked — nothing, customer service is horrible
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank hotelinit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Bellingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2007

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for 3 nights in July and could not have been happier. We booked it based on reviews from Trip Advisor and the good reviews were right on. The hotel was extremely clean and the staff were pleasant and very friendly. Although we didn't use the pool the area looked very clean and was well kept. The work out area could have been a little larger but I have seen far worse at top end hotels. The rooms were great with a microwave and a large refrigerator(hotel size) This was great for chilling all of the white wine purchased. I highly recommend this hotel for a wonderful trip to Walla Walla

• Liked — Staff and how clean it was
  • Disliked — work out room
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank tennisniese
Walla Walla
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2007

I have stayed in several hotels, but this one is the best I have ever been in. The manager, Liz, is outstanding. She is friendly, kind, and makes sure that you have everything you want or need.... within reason that is. Her whole staff is the same way. Jennifer, in the dining room, makes sure you don't go away hungry, and keeps everything well stocked. The housekeeping is great... especially Nicole... hard working lady. Actually they all are. I always tell everyone to go to the Holiday Inn Express.. My relatives have stayed there twice, and love Liz and her staff. They also love the way they make them feel at home.
Good job Liz and staff....

Patricia Neissl

• Liked — the pool and hot tub.. and breakfast.
  • Disliked — nothing....
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank pneissl
rural oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2007

My elderly mother had an appointment with a doctor at St. Mary's Hospital. We booked the handicapped suite. Staff consistently exceeded my expectations. They were genuine and helpful. Room was immaculate....... even in the corners, behind bathroom doors, and the shower! The handicapped room is very well planned out. The bed and linens were superior, fresh and clean. Internet access was available and worked flawlessly. No smoking stench anywhere! We did not use the pool or fitness room. Breakfast was complete, fresh and yummy. Fresh baked cookies and milk sealed the deal in the evenings.

I sure hope they keep up the good work. We spend several weekends and days in Walla Walla -- what a blessing when we found this hotel.

• Liked — Staff was above and beyond --- genuine and helpful
  • Disliked — leaving.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank csamy
Spokane, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2007

We travel to Walla Walla several times a year to visit the wine country, and if possible always stay at the Holiday Inn Express -- we've just returned from our most recent visit.

Our most important criteria for a hotel are quiet rooms, cleanliness, and a guarantee of a no-smoking room. We have never had an issue with noise here, this hotel is exceptionally clean, and the whole facility is non-smoking. In addition, there are good bright reading lights on both sides of the king beds (not dim like we find so often); bedding is the new standard of duvet with multiple firm and soft pillows, the towels are big, thick, and wonderful; and there are real coffee mugs -- not styrofoam. The rooms also have a small frig, coffee maker, hair drier, and internet connection.

We've come to appreciate the convenience of breakfast included in the room rate. This breakfast buffet is very good quality with a big selection of everything from fresh fruit (not canned), yogurt, hard boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy, make it yourself waffles, cereals, various toasts and sweet rolls. There are also peanut butter and jelly sandwich makings in the late afternoon, and warm cookies and milk in the evening.

There's an indoor pool that we've never used, and a small fitness center that we have. The management and staff are very friendly and accommodating.

• Liked — Quiet and immaculate!
  • Disliked — Not a great location for walking or jogging
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WAWineTraveler
Yakima, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2007

Holiday Inn Express Walla Walla is a neat, clean, warm and inviting property. The staff go to great lengths to learn your name and make you feel at home. The morning continental breakfast buffet is a cut above standard fare as well as the cleanliness and spaciousness of the room itself. I travel 8 months out of the year and I'd rank this property, and staff, top notch.

• Liked — Cleanliness and warm environment
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank Dexman
iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2007

I travel extensively for business and pleasure and I found this Holiday Inn Express had some of the most out going ,friendly staff I have come across in my travels. I would not hesitate to stay here again. In one of the reviews the person stated that the rooms smelled of stale smoke, I have a great many allergies and have asthma and I could not smell any stale smoke or any bad smells in any of the public rooms or in any of the rooms I stayed in. The staff went above and beyond what they had to do and they always had a smile and nice things to say. I have seen the housekeeping staff take pride in the job they do and would not even think twice if I forgot any items in my room. I am a very picky woman, I look under the beds, at the bedding, in the bathroom, behind the headboards...get the picture...picky!! The swimming pool and sauna were very clean as was the exercise room. The hotel is near the highway but I heard no traffic noise and it is very nicely located for daytrips around the valley.

• Liked — clean! friendly staff and good breakfast
  • Disliked — teenagers unsupervised and not behaving but hotel staff took care of problem quickly
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled solo