“Comfortable and Clean!”

Holiday Inn Express Walla Walla
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Walla Walla
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This hotel was a nice landing pad for our busy, but short, stay in Walla Walla. We were there for Spring Release which is so much fun! The hotel staff left the pool/hot tub open really late so we were able to swim and relax after we got in, well past midnight. The beds are comfy and our room was even set up with an extra cot which worked well for us as we had four people and would have needed to call for a cot anyway. The room was well appointed with a mini fridge and micro also.

The only downfalls were the price (more expensive for an event weekend) and the location. While it is right off of the highway, it really isn't realistically within walking distance to downtown. Cab rides weren't too expensive though so it was just fine!

Thanks HIE! We will be back!

Oh, I almost forgot. The manager was very friendly and assisted me in selling a 2nd room that I had booked but forgot to cancel in time. Since we were there for an event weekend they were able to sell my room for me which was nice!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 29, 2013

There are basically two places that we stay when in Walla Walla, and this is one of them. Realizing what kind of property this is, they do the job well. Rooms are clean, beds comfortable, ventilation relatively effective and quiet. Space is adequate. Location is good. Breakfast is standard, and acceptable. Staff is friendly. Price is about par, and reasonable for what you get. I appreciate the low profile pillows. There was no DVD player in our room.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TanMD
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walla Walla, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear TanMD,

We appreciate your feedback. Thank you so much for taking the time to recognize our staff and breakfast selections. Our aim is to provide all of our guest’s great customer service with a unique and memorable experience. However, I apologize if some of the room amenities you received was less than satisfactory. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you next time you are here for leisure or business.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 2, 2013

i think people who write these reviews are either disgruntled employees or people who just want to complain. we got to check in early. the pool, hot tub, and exercise room were less than 10 feet away from our hotel room. the staff were friendly. one of the cleaning staff even looked me in the eye and said a friendly good morning. the breakfast was just like most hotel breakfasts, included and hot. the bed was very comfortable. the shower had different settings and extended curved curtain rod for extra room. the pool was also available late so after a long day we got to have access to it. and it was warm! and no one else was there! check out was simple and they had special easter eggs with a prize inside. im sure the pool towels may have been on the small side but we brought our own. hotels are here for peoples convenience. not their beck and call. i would recommend this place if you need a place to stay while you visit this pretty area.

Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel. I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the area. Clean rooms, good service, workout facilities in the buildings that share the hotel parking lot along with a coffee house and restaurant close by.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We booked this hotel as Hotwire customers at $81/night. It seemed like a great deal until...

... the family in the adjoining room woke us up at 4:30am and kept us up until 6am, at which point I called the front desk to complain. The walls here are extremely thin - we heard the TV in that room in addition to the screaming child. I have never complained about noise to the staff in any hotel I've stayed at, and I've been to Disney properties with screaming kids on numerous occasions. I understand this is beyond the staff's control, but whoever designed the soundproofing here did a very poor job.

The room itself was fine. Modern furnishing, comfortable bed, and everything was clean. However, the HVAC unit was really loud (though it did drown out the screaming child for 10 minutes), we ran out of tissues after taking only just a few (no replacement box was in the bathroom), and the towels were thin.

I also didn't care for the way that my fiancée was treated by the evening staff when she asked if there were any cookies left after a bunch of volleyball players took the ones they just set out. Rather than apologizing or offering to make more, they blamed the adults supervising the kids for taking the remaining cookies.

We were also incorrectly billed twice - once by Hotwire and another time by the hotel. The hotel should have never billed us... they admitted their mistake and apologized. I appreciated that.

Finally, there were several solicitations in the hotel asking for TripAdvisor reviews if the stay was positive. This is the first time I've encountered such solicitations, and while I applaud the fact that they want to be #1 in Walla Walla, I found it tacky to openly ask for them. Good service will drive people to write good reviews. Indifferent service will cause people to be indifferent and not write reviews. Bad service? Well, you see the result of that in this review.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Leahna L, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Walla Walla, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for your review and bring these issues to our attention. I am very sorry that you encountered problems during your stay. Customer Service is very important to us and I am disheartened to hear that you did not experience us at our best. We would love the opportunity to have you again as our guest’s and make the situation right. I would be happy to make notes in your profile requesting a non-adjoining room for future reservations. Please feel free to contact me directly to speak further about your stay.

Terra Luthi
509.525.6200
tluthi@wwhie.com

Reviewed March 2, 2013

This was a trip booked for a wedding I was attending over the weekend and overall I was very pleased with the staff and accommodations. However, there was a high school sports team staying as well and they were very rowdy and obnoxious. I had a room of some of them booked directly above me and they were stomping and wrestling so loud it was shaking the lights and tv in my room. I will say that after calling the front desk, they did everything they could to fix the problem but sadly it was no real help given that the teens did not listen. I appreciate everything the staff did to help but in future visits I will now ask before I book if there will be a team sports team staying and request to be placed away from them! I advise anyone else staying to do the same. Other then the teenage drama, the stay was wonderful! I highly recommend this place to anyone! Fabulous rooms, breakfast, and pool! Plus the cookies and milk at 7pm is a great evening treat!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We were headed to Portland and had a nice stay. Nice rooms and the kids liked the breakfast bar including the pancake maker machine. There were quiet and clean rooms and a good breakfast to boot. The staff was considerate and we would easily stay here again. I liked the experience of the holiday inn and will plan more stays at this chain.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family