“Loved this vintage train car restaurant!”
Review of Jacobi's Cafe

Jacobi's Cafe
Ranked #31 of 135 Restaurants in Walla Walla
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dothan, Alabama
“Loved this vintage train car restaurant!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I found this restaurant on TripAdvisor and it turned out to be one of the better places my husband and I have been to on our trip! I don't know why it is not rated higher! We ordered the seafood pasta that we shared (without a split charge)which was delicious! We also had their garden salad and the dressing was wonderful! We will definitely go back the next time we are in Walla Walla! We were seated in the train car section which was very cozy and interesting!

• Visited October 2012

Columbus, Ohio
“Not Bad, but Not Great”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Jacobi's is a cute place located in an old train station outside of downtown WW. I went here for lunch with a co-worker and while she loved her lunch (she ordered the turkey-cranberry sandwich--it looked great), mine was not so exciting. It was a spinach salad with oranges, goat cheese, some other things that sounded really good. But it was drenched in dressing--I guess I'll start ordering dressing on the side--and the spinach seemed not-so-fresh. Later on in the day, I had a bad reaction; not saying it was definitely from the salad, but can't really be sure, either. I would probably give Jacobi's another chance if I were back in town because the prices are decent and they have a good happy hour, it seems. ANd they have a pretty substantial menu. It's worth a try--a lot of people like the restaurant. So maybe I just had a bad day...

Portland, Oregon
“Good choices and reasonable pricing”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This place was recommended to us and we were very pleased with our food and the service. We ate in near the street (not sure if this is the front or the back). Large windows facing the street and the wall 90 degrees to the street. As it was dusk, so sun not a problem. The room itself seemed very stark. Not "warm". The dining car would be a good choice in terms of decor, but can be noisy.

Redlands, California
“great food, great location”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Twice now, my husband and I have taken our 19 y/o son and his college buddies out to this place. Both times there were 12-15 of us. The first time we just showed up, the second time I made reservations. Both times the staff was great, they were super easy to work with. We all found something good on the menu (some vegetarians, some carnivores). The food was very good, and service was pretty good considering the size of the group. This last Saturday, we were given a long table in the train part of the restaurant. I have to say, the only downside was the temperature of that train. It was freezing almost the entire time. We asked the waitress to adjust the air and I think she did, but we still felt very cold. Aside from that, all was terrific.

Garfield, Arkansas
“Fantastic Food”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

unusual location using a train depot as a deli, type restaurant there food blew me away...it was truly fantastic! I will go back to this hot spot every time I am in Walla2x. It is a relaxed atmospher nothing fancy, outside eating area available - great spot to try.

Visited September 2012