“Best Chinese in town”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Best Chinese in town”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

The orangee chicken is the best I've ever had and so is the chicken fried steak. the portions are enormous so expect to take some home with you. The staff is always friendly and the service is excellent. The restaurant decor is old tho and the booths could use replacing but still this is my favorite place in town to eat.

Walla Walla, Washington
“Not so modern”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

not really a great place...maybe it will change hands and become better...I don't think it memorable.

Walla Walla, Washington
“AWESOME!!!”
Reviewed January 25, 2012

The service, food, price/value and quality was outstanding!!!

• Visited December 2011
Oregon
“GROSS”
Reviewed January 31, 2010

This used to be a great resturant... a landmark in Walla Walla... but through poor managment it has gone WAY down hill. They don't even keep the signature lights changed and turned on the roof.. the inside is sadly out of date and dingy... and the food is NOT good anymore... All the fried things taste like old grease. The last time I was there I spoke to the wait person about my food not being good, it tasted of stale grease and was over salted and she said that she could take off $1.00 from my ticket. I asked to speak to the manager cause the food was simply unedible and he got very rude and said that I just wanted to get out of paying for my meal... Then he claime that he had tasted the food off of my sent back plate and that it was good. I was HORRIFIED that a person would taste food off of a plate that had been sent back... what else goes on behind the "Employee's Only" door? A ll I wanted was to get food that tasted decent... I was willing to pay for it. I will not be back... However a block away from the Modern is the Pacific Asian Bistro and it is quite good.... go there.

walla walla
“not what it used to be”
Reviewed October 17, 2009

I've gone to the Modern for 30 years but I won't be going back. Too many things on the menu that I used to like that aren't good anymore