“Innkeepers ruin the experience-look elsewhere!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Walla Faces Inns at the Vineyard

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Walla Walla
Walla Faces Inns at the Vineyard
Ranked #6 of 11 Walla Walla B&B and Inns
North Bend, Washington
“Innkeepers ruin the experience-look elsewhere!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2011

Since the innkeepers did not like my wife’s review, I will speak for myself.
My wife and I had a horrible stay at Walla Faces Vineyard to celebrate my 60th birthday. We picked out this inn and chose the Guest House as it appeared to have the most amenities including a full kitchen. We booked a stay for 4 nights.
We noticed as we drove up they alluded on a sign about having dogs, one young dog, one old dog and one crazy dog—quaint, or so we thought. That was fine with us as we are dog lovers and have had dogs all of our lives. First day was fine and we liked the place. Only complaint was that one of the windows was broken and wireless internet was spotty.
Second night we came back to our suite to have a nice romantic dinner after shopping for gourmet goodies in Walla Walla. I love to cook and we picked this room specifically because it had a kitchen. It also has its own private outdoor jacuzzi and bbq on a patio just outside the room. I had bought some steaks to make on the grill outside just after sunset. As I was barbequing I noticed that one of their three dogs had come up on the patio and started barking at me. I said, “Good boy,” in the hopes it would calm down. It did not. I turned to go inside and as I did the dog grabbed the back of my calf. I was able to shake him off but he had bit through my jeans and his teeth pierced my leg. I went inside and told my wife what had happened. She took a look and immediately went to clean it. We called the innkeeper to relate what had happened and while I expected she would come over and offer some assistance she seemed unsure about what to do and said that she did not think it was her dog. My wife and I were both shocked that she seemed to show little concern and did not offer any assistance.
We tried to put the matter behind us but I was worried that if not their dog, whose was it and why was it on their property? Did it have rabies? Why weren’t the innkeepers concerned? I really tried not to let this spoil our much needed time away and told my wife not to worry about it, the wound would heal and I would be fine. I went back out and got the steaks and while out there the dog was back! I ran inside, grabbed the camera and took a photo of him as I rushed inside. My leg hurt like the dickens and I didn’t need another bite. We eventually got to bed though it did not help that the bed has got to be one of the most uncomfortable beds I have ever slept in (no support at all—a thin pad over a box spring). We had plans the next day, and I wanted to salvage our vacation. The more we talked throughout the day, the more concerned we became that we needed to know who the dog belonged to and if it was current on its vaccinations, especially for rabies which is a life threatening condition, last I heard. When we first arrived, this dog had been running loose with other dogs on the property. For this reason alone, I would not recommend that this place a safe venue for those with young children.
When we came back in the early evening, we called the innkeeper and asked that she meet with us to discuss the situation and our concerns. She indicated she was busy cooking dinner and would rather wait until morning to discuss it. Mind you, their house is a mere 30 feet away from the guest house. When we indicated it could not wait, she did come over. If ever there was a colder fish or someone who lacked finesse, as well as empathy, this host embodied it.
She told me she did not think it was her dog, but when showed the photo she said, yes it was her dog. She said it was unlike her dog. I showed her both the photo of my leg and also pulled up my pant leg to show her the wound. She said she was sorry, but offered nothing else. When I pressed her for proof of the rabies vaccination, she said she would contact the vet in the morning. She said she had to get back to dinner but that she would email us the contact info for the vet and we could call in the morning. We were stunned and quite upset. As soon as she left, we knew that this was not a nice place or nice hosts and packed up our things, including food that we had bought for the entire stay. We called and told them that we were leaving and told them we wanted a refund (they did not offer) and that we expected to receive the vet results in the morning.
As we left, we saw the husband/wife team, eating dinner in their dining room. I think this couple is in the wrong business! You don’t let your dog bite your guests and then act as if it never happened or that it’s not your concern. You just don’t do that.
We ended up in a motel in town where the couple managing it was lovely, the bed very comfortable and the wireless internet even worked! We contacted the vet the next day and even by 10 am the innkeepers had not yet called to release the records to us. We received them later that morning.
In summary, had this not happened, we likely would have rated this inn as a nice place to stay, except for the bed, internet connectivity and the garage attached to the posh guest house where laundry is done and music played too loud! But, more importantly, the inn is only an extension of those who run it, and unfortunately, these hosts cannot be counted on when needed most. I don't blame the dog. It was just defending it's home. But the innkeepers should know better. This is a place I won’t remember because of the wonderful time my wife and I had to commemorate my 60th birthday, but the time I got bit by the innkeeper’s dog and they didn’t seem to give a damn except to make a minimal show of effort to cover themselves for liability.
This is not a place to stay if you want to be assured that your hosts are there for you…and again, a warning that with three dogs running loose, you may not want to bring young children. And you might want to bring a first aid kit just in case…

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
13 Thank kennipius
WWInns, Owner at Walla Faces Inns at the Vineyard, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Greetings from Walla Faces! The customer is not always right! Amazing I would say that, isn’t it? And honestly, I don’t believe every element of that either, as we at Walla Faces do everything in our power to make our guests feel like…well, GUESTS! But, every now and then, someone’s experience isn’t perfect, through no fault of ours.

I am sorry this guest wrote that I was not polite, and “a cold fish”. I must admit, being called those ‘names’, really bothers me. Although I do think about these comments more than I should, I know that it is not me. I know that I am responsible to our guests and that I am responsive to their needs and that many, many others would tell you so. I love listening to our customers tell us their thoughts on our processes and services, including what we missed and changes they want to see. I believe by the responses to our guest surveys, that we in fact go above and beyond with our customers, and they tell us so!

I am sorry this review was posted, but alas, it is here, and I must deal with it. Hopefully other readers will read the other reviews as well, and draw a logical conclusion. I will add two comments to defend my thought that this story is a fabrication. 1) When I received the initial call from the guest about the incident, Casper was sleeping on his bed, in my office where I was working at the time. 2) This guest who states he was bitten, never once spoke to me, as he was on his cell phone every time I was at the guest house. And I was not once shown the alleged wound of the bite.

The current situation to this story is that Casper is living in a new home. We felt it would not be fair to Casper or our guests to be fearful of him, whether or not this awful story is true or not. Although I miss Casper very much, every day…I am very happy for him. I am happy to report that this little white Italian Greyhound is living with a wonderful woman who continues to spoil him, and allows him to ride around in her white Thunderbird convertible – looking all cool with doggie sunglasses. And, he lives just down the street from a good friend who gets to see him and hug him frequently.

So, there is no Casper to contend with when you stay at Walla Faces Inns at the Vineyard. And I guarantee if we meet, you will have the opportunity to draw your own conclusions as to whether or not I am a cold fish, lacking finesse nor empathy….and hopefully you will feel quite the opposite. Thanks for listening.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

We just returned from a 3 night stay in the West Suite. Great location, a nice balance between the action in Walla Walla, and having a peaceful vineyard experience. The inn itself is very quiet, comfortable, and the views can't be beat. Debbie is a very gracious host and totally unobtrusive, and we loved the two resident dogs- it was just very homey. The suite itself is super comfortable- great amenities, very clean, and good housekeeping services. We loved the front porch, and were fortunate to have very good weather during our stay in order to enjoy it. We also enjoyed connecting with the other guests, all of whom were super friendly, and who we also ran into while out winetasting! Last, given that the temperatures were in the 90's, having the pool was fabulous- comfy chairs, some floaties, fluffy towels, and great views from the pool deck- very nice way to spend a late afternoon after a day of wine tasting!

The only thing that could have made it better would be to have breakfast provided, given how far outside of town the inn is located. That said, the absence of breakfast won't keep us from returning- we'll just plan a little bit better!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SeattleS_dub
North Easton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

I could not have asked for a more pleasant experience. The self check-in was convenient and easy, the pool suite at the vineyard was amazing....gorgeous views, the most amazing bed, a fireplace in the room, and an amazingly huge bathroom and soaking tub. The location was perfect, a quick 10 minute drive to downtown walla walla, just close enough to go in for meals, and just far enough to feel like you were tucked away in the most relaxing place imaginable. We loved every aspect.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

What a great find! This location is right on Main Street with great shops, wine tasting and restaurants (and a couple of blocks from Whitman College). Beautifully appointed rooms, lovely bath, terrific attention to detail at every level - soaps, wine, bedding - you name it. We had one room that overlooked Main Street and one suite that was in the back . The suite included a nice little kitchen, fully outfitted. Would stay here any time I could.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

We stayed in the pool suite for 2 nights. The room and bathroom were huge. Complete with nice wine glasses and even a split of Syrah. THe self check in makes it even more relaxing. Just a short drive to town or the wineries. No breakfast here though - we picked up pastries and juice in town and ate every morning by the pool. lovely. We got in mid-week by chance. Call early if you want to go, especially on a weekend.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2011

Don't go anywhere else. The guesthouse at the vineyards is phenomenal. Well appointed, clean, spacious layout for 2 with the worlds best bed ! Incredibly private place amongst the rolling hills and vineyards. All topped of with a private hot tub which allows a view of the setting sun. It's easy to get to town and we would choose to come back here again. It's not often you come across many places as well appointed; salad spinner anyone? complimentary wine and beer, Great access to bicycle routes, and we don't want to leave!

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank nelsoli
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2010

Our one night stay at the Vineyard was simply outstanding, much better than we were expecting. First off the setting almost seemed unreal as you sit in the middle of the vineyard surrounded by rolling hills and distant mountains. We could not help but take photo after photo at the beauty of it all.

The keyless entry into our room was an ingenious touch. The room itself was marvelous, very tastefully decorated, a cozy electric fireplace, and many extra goodies for your enjoyment in the refridge. We both overslept as the bed was so comfortable, neither one of us wanted to roll out. We hope to return here again on our next trip to Walla Walla and hopefully bring some of our friends so they can enjoy the Vineyard experience.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple