“my favorite place”

Backstage Bistro
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My favorite for atmosphere, but do not like the new menu Loved the old menu. service from Aaron is special

Reviewed October 21, 2012

My party of 3 had dinner here two nights ago, and I think they were terribly short of wait staff. Our waitress tried valiantly, but waits were long for everything (water, questions, menus, food, the bill). She told us the special was one thing, and we overheard her tell the table next to us another thing. The food quality was mixed: delicious collard greens and hummus plate, terrible fatty steaks, average salads.

I would try this place again, but not on a busy night. I'd like to see how they do with less pressure.

Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

We ate the rabbit pate - loved by even the anti-pate diner! Great bread. Then rich hamburger from local beef with slice of pork belly. Huge juicy Lamb Burger with Walla Walla onion jam. Local wines by the glass. We went early because we skipped lunch, so did not need a reservation. Would definately return.

Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

We had an early reservation and the resteraunt was only about half full. From the very start the service was poor, we just felt ignored. We saw our waitress only three times, our water glasses were empty for most of the meal, the waitress took other patrons arriving later orders first, our menus weren't picked up for the first half of the meal. Nothing really went right. The good was good but that's really not enough for a nice place. We won't be back again, Walla Walla has so many better choices.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Ordered rib eye special. Both times brought were overcooked. Manager said I didn't know what medium rare steak looked like!!!