“Nice to Stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Walla Walla
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Walla Walla
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Nice Hotel, Family friendly and in good location. This hotel was very accommodating. Would recommend this hotel to stay in Walla Walla. I enjoy this place there nothing I would change people very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Walla Walla

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I had booked a room at this hotel with guaranteed late arrival, but when I arrived at midnight I was told they had overbooked and instead would put me up free of charge at a Super 8 Motel on the other side of town. Wow!

I know overbooking has become a common practice among large hotel chains... and I deplore the practice. If I don't show I get charged for it, full price for an "empty" room, but if they don't have a room I am out on the street. If this hotel's claim was accurate I was lucky to not have had an hour drive back to Pasco and a hotel there. Instead they put me in arguably the worst hotel in town. But it was free... shouldn't I be grateful?

In fact, if we consumers don't complain loudly and often over the inequity of this shoddy business practice we will all become its victims eventually. It seems to me the fact that they may overbook and then charge for no-shows is probably even a fraudulent practice as occasionally they collect double for the same room at a hapless customer's expense.

You should avoid this hotel along with other Hilton brand hotels and chose a property that chooses to treat its customers fairly and with respect.

Room Tip: Help out your fellow travelers and avoid any hotel with a history of overbooking.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank DougStevens228
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Based on the standardization of the brand, it took a lot for me to bring this down to 2 stars. Especially since I live in these places.
1. Two of the desk people were very sweet and pleasant. The one that worked the night of the 25th of July was horrible. Rude and unhelpful to the worst degree. She ignored a little 4 foot tall old woman for over 5 minutes as she spoke on the phone with a friend. Then she told me to look up restaurants on the internet for suggestions.
2. The cleaning crews really like to bang things around. I had to work from my room and had to listen to bashing on the floor above, the walls next and on my door despite the DO NOT DISTURB sign.
3. The worst breakfast setup of any Hampton yet. Slimy pineapple! Lumpy oatmeal. Out of date yogurt.
Really a downer that will force me to fore go Hilton points on the next trip and try the Red Lion or Holiday Inn. I left a note for the manager and was never contacted.
In addition, the location is very odd and inconvenient forcing you to drive for anything and everything.

2  Thank DBuksh
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We stayed two nights. It was clean and comfortable and quiet. The staff were pleasant and helpful. The Breakfast food was good and the coffee full. They had hot tea all day and some killer cookies when we came in. The even provided a corkscrew and some wine glasses. We would stay again for sure.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Hotel is very clean and the staff is Great. Beds are comfortable, about the only thing was a little surprise was the pool was outside and not inside like most Hamptons I say at. Everything else was very good.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Our stay at the Hampton Inn in Walla Walla was a pleasant experience. The room was spacious, clean and quiet, all things new parents must have! The staff were kind and offered assistance and first listened to our requests then responded accordingly. We would definitely stay at this location in the future and would recommend it to others as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2014

In Walla Walla for a week of business. Very clean and the staff way very hospitable. Had the usual complimentary breakfast with the addition of actually cut fresh fruit including papaya. Everything was up to standard.