“Great little restaurant in downton Walla Walla....”
Review of Brasserie Four

Brasserie Four
Ranked #4 of 135 Restaurants in Walla Walla
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Walla Walla, Washington
“Great little restaurant in downton Walla Walla....”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was amazed to find this great restaurant in the heart of Walla Walla. Great selection in wine and the food was amazing. I had the bouillabaisse and it was fabulous. I will definitely go back for another visit. Thanks for the amazing dinner and service.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank ryancorie

Portland, Oregon, United States
“Good french food in Walla Walla”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Cute little place, though we missed it at first because the sign is tiny, semi-transparent, placed low and almost invisible. We literally walked right past it, until the nice lady at the city information booth sent us back. Having lived in France, worked in the restaurant business and being a pretty good cook myself, I'm probably a little fussier than some (though more forgiving at the same time!), but I was pretty happy. The pomme frites were pretty darn good, though the mayo tasted way too Best Food-ish for my taste. The trois salad was gorgeous in its simplicity. My daughter liked her croque monsieur. I first tried the soup du jour, beans in a duck broth, but was not impressed; the beans were hard and strangely flavorless (for a farm to table restaurant), and the broth lacked balance and was frankly uninteresting. Happily, our excellent server recognized my disappointment and without any prompting offered to switch it out for the vichyssoise, which was excellent, perfectly balanced. Drinks: a local hard cider and some of the house white; both good. Dessert: we each had crepes: Suzette and chestnut. Ahhhhh. The decor is on the stark, hard side, currently fashionable (and cheap!) but not very comfortable. And please turn the lights up! There's romantic low light, and there's sitting in the dark. One tiny tea light = sitting in the dark. But I would definitely go back next time I'm in Walla Walla to explore some more of their menu.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank Lauri S
“Must try....”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had dinner here on Saturday night and had a fabulous meal. The duck confit flatbread was amazing. We shared the bouillabaisse and steak and frites, both were delightful. We had a very knowledgeable and nice server. Wine prices are great on foreign wines. We definitely will be back. Great time!

3 Thank Wally99362
Fargo, ND
“French Dining on Main Street”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We spent a week in Walla Walla an spoke to many people people in the city about recommended restaurants. Brasserie Four, a French-styled cuisine restaurant, was always one of the top two or three mentioned. We were able to eating outside in the evening and had a very enjoyable experience. After all of the terrific recommendations, I must say that we probably expected a little better, but it was still quite good. Wine list was quite nice and the server was good. The steak frites came highly recommended and two of us ordered that. While my steak was generally fine, there were some tough prices, and one of our group of four said most of his steak was too tough. My wife's pasta dish was excellent. Overall, though, I recommend it and we will definitely go again when next in Walla Walla.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank SiteGuy
Portland, Oregon
“Afternoon Coffee”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We dropped in for a coffee mid-afternoon and was able to get our iced coffees to our liking. The pastry display had many options to satisfy a sweet tooth.

Visited September 2012