“Glad we chose Brasserie 4”
Review of Brasserie Four

Brasserie Four
Ranked #4 of 137 Restaurants in Walla Walla
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We had a great meal here, although I will agree with other posters that they could improve their lighting. Also, the music was a bit loud that night. No matter...we were very happy to be there. Steak frites was great, BTW.

2  Thank tbbbnbab

Reviewed October 31, 2011

I'm local. I enjoy Whitehouse Crawford when I can afford it. South Fork Cafe is always a pleasure. T-Maccarones's is Great. And the Marcus Whitman Hotel is a treasure even when the food isn't always top of the Marc. But the place I love to eat the most is to step off Main Street Walla Walla into a French Bistro where the bread, the soups, the Gallettes, the Crepes, are so authentic European that I'd swear that owner Hannah MacDonald came from Paris if I hadn't watched her grow up here. Clearly her years spent in Europe were fully aware of what makes their cooking taste different than our, and she brought it home. You just have to spend an unrushed hour or two over a meal at Brasserie Four to understand why a culture that values food and flavor even when simply prepared, has everything to teach us about enjoying good food well prepared. Parle vous great food? Entre vous!

4  Thank paxnrth
Reviewed October 26, 2011

would have been nice to see what I was eating, and to read the menu without needing a flashlight. There appears to be some nice art work on the walls, so would have been great to be able to see it.

Food was good, but eating it in the dark was off-putting.

Reviewed October 9, 2011

Outstanding traditional french food, interes
ting wine list & great service.

3  Thank cajunturtle
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Part of enjoying a meal, especially at a well respected restaurant, is engaging all of your senses. Unfortunately, the sense of sight was not fully engaged at our dinner at Brasserie Four......it was just too dark! I don't mean to take anything away from the food but we truly could not see what we were eating (fortunately the food was flavorful). Our reserved table was back near the bar but we requested that we be seated nearer the windows so we could read the menus. When we asked the waitress if we could have a bit more light, she offered to bring another votive to the table, not a realistic solution.
The mussels & frites had been recommended as well as the steak frites. I would recommend the mussels but my husband found the steak to be average. We also enjoyed the pate and the beet salad. I would still recommend that you try Brasserie Four when you visit W-W, just go when it's daylight. BTW, the restaurant has a website but it's under construction.

1  Thank Bendbubbles